Crumbleys going to jail for 10 plus years

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    So what does everyone here think about that school shooters parents getting 10 plus years each in the pokey?

Is this setting a precedent that will affect the rest of us?

Google crumbley parents for all of left leaning info you can stand. And more.

The fact that a minor had access to a firearm is an issue, but I had access to firearms the whole time I was a minor and never did anything wrong with them.

4 dead kids is a tragedy for sure, I cannot imagine how those parents feel. But unless someone can show me how the shooters parents convinced their kid to get trigger happy, I just cannot see how they are criminally responsible to the point they go to jail for manslaughter...

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Don’t know about criminal manslaughter but they needed something. Child was very troubled and they did nothing about it. The access to firearms is their fault. Also the school wanted the parents to take him home that day and they declined

NAHMINT

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The issue,to me anyhow,is the boy needed some professional help ,(Whatever that intails) the parents did not take any action......FIREARMS should not be any part of the issue.............................................................
    my grandfather raised me- old school......lived in the Quebec countryside......no electricity- no indoor plumbing- LOTS of snow from late october/early November until late April/ may..........never Ever had a green christmas......
    ......before I was 10, I hunted grouse and smowshoe hare and when I was a little older and had not shot anyone (No one that mattered ) I had an old IVER JOHNSON 12ga.
    back then, we paid attention to what we were told, had respect for adults
    I even took my rifle and SCATTER GUN to school and extolled the virtues of choke boreing..........AND we all had pocket knives..............don't ever remember ANYONE ever doing things that were dangerous to man or beast,less it be a rabbit/water fowl or other critters that were somewhat pasible table fare......
    Me thinks things like respect and responsibality somehow were lost along the way..... but then,I'm just getting old, mabe living in the past.....

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I agree with you 100% NAHMINT, but this society and world we live is has changed so much since we were kids. I would never ever give a 15 year old a gun knowing he had mental issues. I bought my son a shotgun for his 18th birthday, but he is very safe and smart young man, no issues with him whatso ever. Parents are RESPONSIBLE for their children till they turn 18. They deserve some sort of punishment.

Last edited:

Roadhog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2022
    Mickleville, Louisiana
    If that were my children or grandchildren killed, I would want that boy to certainly pay and the parents pay in some way. I don’t think 10years is appropriate.
    The problem here is with the mother, she sees no wrong doing on her part at all. She has said she wouldn’t change a thing in the days leading up to the killings, they were cold about it and that’s what the prosecutor saw as well.

There are a lot of absentee Parents in the world today. Maybe this will wake some of them up.

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    They bought a mentally disturbed 15 year old a P320 and let him have it with no restriction on access. They heard the reports from the school that the little monster was beyond disturbed. The whole group should be drowned if only to keep them away from the rest of society. And people wonder why I carry....

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    News said he drew a picture of a gun on some papers at school and wrote "Help me. I ask my parents for help and they won't listen". So they went and bought him a gun-which he used in the shooting.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    My father-in-law, a couple years after my son was born, gave me a .410 that he wanted me to keep for my son one day. He had bought it well before I was married to his daughter, when her first son was young, but watching him over the years, decided that giving it to him might not be a good idea. He instead entrusted it to me for my son, who I have yet to give it to, and it may be a while before I do so. He's almost 20, a sweet kid, but has Asperger's and anxiety issues, not yet adult responsible, and he's a might skittish in general around loud things. It's called discerning judgement, and it sounds from all accounts like those two idiots laughed off the notion that they should be expected to exercise any. They definitely deserve a heaping helping of accountability for the responsibilities they refused to take.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Unfortunately the school failed on many levels as well, and I’m not saying the school officials should get criminal charges but they could have done more.

Top Bottom