Cut Off Range Complex

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    I'm afraid to ask, but how did y'all do regarding Hurricane Ida?
    I talked to someone who went to Cut Off post-Ida and they said some places were devastated. Hope you did OK. I am very much looking forward to a long-range range.

The range did amazingly well. Like the rest of Lafourche Parish it doesn’t have power and won’t until the end of the month. We lost the tractor shed, need some new gutters, a bit of electrical work, and the front fence is pretty messed up, but nothing earth shattering.

The biggest problem is the delays that have occurred with the work we need to get done out there. The current goal is to at least soft open in October. We have a lot dirt to move, painting and maintenance to do, and a bunch of money to spend between now and then.

Thanks for asking. Hopefully see you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conaso

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2021
    Virginia
    Well, I definitely wish the Complex the best of luck. Driving down from Virginia in mid-October to visit family in Baton Rouge. I am so confident in your efforts I am definitely bringing two ELR rifles. What's another 2-3 hours of driving! Planning on enjoying several hours of banging steel.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Wait till you see it. Me and Kenny rode out there and I didn't know what to expect...

I got there and was like "Holy **** dude, this is a nice range"...And I have worked at ranges all over the world. Worked at an 11 million dollar range for five years. This one is really cool, and the stuff he has planned for it is epic.

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Hi everyone, just figured I would drop in an give everyone an update.

Because the range has been absolutely saturated (like the rest of SE Louisiana) and we don’t have power (or at least didn’t last Saturday) we’ve been a bit limited on what we can accomplish lately on site. We got the electrical box fixed and have picked up some what around the place. This weekend things should be much drier so I can run the backhoe and move downed trees and we can start fixing the fence and doing dirt work without rutting the place up.

However, behind the scenes I have been getting a ton done. We’ve ordered an obscene amount of steel targets for the rifle and pistol range from Grizzly Targets. All the steel will be brand new and there will be a ton of it. We’ve ordered signs and those are being made as soon as some materials come in (seems there are shortages of everything nowadays).

We’ve got the Eatel install set for a week from today as long as we have power. We got in the radios and our PA system and the rest of the conduit hangers we need.

My goal at this point is an end of October or beginning of November opening although we may soft open before that. One of the biggest hurdles is getting the website up so that we can take credit card payments and memberships. We will probably stage the website opening and get that part going first and then roll out the lane reservation system later. But Ben from Class III Creative is doing a great job on getting things together. Right now we have a placeholder site up at cutoffrange.com and I’m recommending everyone sign up for our news letter as the social media overlords throttle who is seeing our posts.

The first event I know we will be doing is hosting a two day Phobos Solutions Precision Rifle 101 class out there on October 23 and 24th. You can sign up www.phobossolutions.com.

Anyway, I’ve forgotten a bunch but I’ll post more updates as we go. Thanks!

meplatgroup

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Kenny
    Are you having a soft opening Friday?

We are full on opening Friday. Sorry I didn’t post here sooner or more regularly but yes starting this Friday, November 26, the day after Thanksgiving, Cut Off Range Complex will be officially open from 9-5 Wed-Sunday (closed on Mondays and Tuesdays).

The website is open and taking memberships and I am actually standing in the shop right now after having spent all afternoon here trying to get ready for Friday. It’s been bananas. I finally decided to open because in my mind this place will never be totally ready. There will always be something else to improve or change. And it has been a super challenging project—-everything that could go wrong has.

Even this evening, I had an amazing tech at Eatel who made a bunch of calls and got someone to fix my modem build after hours because apparently the install was incomplete. Shoutout to that guy for saving my ass. LOL.

Here’s the announcement that we sent in our newsletter and on social media. I’m really psyched about this place and hope everyone else enjoys it the way I do.

———-

The big day is here. Cut Off Range Complex is opening. Our first day open will be the day after Thanksgiving, Friday, November 26th.

The membership portion of our website cutoffrange.com is working and we recommend you join from the comfort of your home. Joining at the range will be the exact same process on one of our iPads at the counter as the only way to join is online. For individual memberships the initiation is $100 and then $30/month automatically billed to your credit card (it will charge the initiation immediately it but won’t charge the first monthly fee until December 1 so you’ll get to shoot free for a few days). Cancel anytime. You can also pay for a $20 individual day pass (again, it must be done online to facilitate the signing of all notices and waivers). Couple and family memberships also available.

We offer a LE and .mil discount with proper proof of credentials. Please email docs to info@cutoffrange.com and once verified we will send you an individualized coupon code.

Also, for those who had memberships with FTS Outdoors at this location previously, if those memberships expired past May, 2021, please email your membership card to info@cutoffrange.com and we will send you a personalized discount code. We are a completely different business and cannot honor those memberships but sympathize with the situation of those members and would like to offer them a discount as a gesture of good will.

We do not yet have our Federal Firearms License and will therefore not have firearms for sale or rent for the next 30-60 days as that process continues. We will have limited amounts of ammunition for sale initially with wider range and deeper stock available as we ramp up operations.

The facility is still under renovation and will likely remain so for the next several years as we maintain, improve, and expand existing facilities and add new amenities.

I hope to see all of you there. I will be at the range every weekend for the foreseeable future. We appreciate all feedback and will use it to make the range safer and more enjoyable.

Kenneth J. Bossetta
Owner

Top Bottom