Does anyone know of a Toyota dealership that is not charging a "convenience fee" over MSRP on new vehicles?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    convenience fee? I guess its just because they actually have a couple cars to sell? **** that. don't buy new. cars are depreciating assets. get a used one thats only a year or 2 old. save some monies.
    The bad thing is some dealers are asking just as much as NEW car prices for used vehicles. In fact, I see some used vehicles with asking prices more than the original MSRP was on the same vehicle just a couple of years ago. On average, used vehicles are 30% to 40% overpriced. I feel sorry for anyone who finances then watches the value drop like a rock in a year or two. Talk about upside down!

I have concluded that the dealerships are smoking meth or crack before setting the price on their used cars. As cheap money starts to become more expensive due to interest rate hikes, I hope to see this idiotic overpricing scheme diminish.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    The bad thing is some dealers are asking just as much as NEW car prices for used vehicles. In fact, I see some used vehicles with asking prices more than the original MSRP was on the same vehicle just a couple of years ago. On average, used vehicles are 30% to 40% overpriced. I feel sorry for anyone who finances then watches the value drop like a rock in a year or two. Talk about upside down!

I have concluded that the dealerships are smoking meth or crack before setting the price on their used cars. As cheap money starts to become more expensive due to interest rate hikes, I hope to see this idiotic overpricing scheme diminish.
    They are also giving good money for used. Last year we got 28k for our 2018 crv that had 30k, needed new tires and a cracked windshield that needed to be replaced. We bought it for 34k and because we traded it in we got a tax credit. They also gave us 3500 below msrp and 0% on the new vehicle couldn't pass it up.

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

Cajun2wheels

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    I have never paid anything close to MSRP for a new vehicle.With all the crazy prices I will keep my showroom condition 2002 Ford F-150 with 72,000 miles.I figure I would have to pay $3000-4000 just in taxes on a new vehicle and that would buy me a lot of maintenace for the old girl.The dealers can KMA.

Welldoya

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    I always buy new, take care of it and keep it at least 10 years. Right now I’m driving a 2016 Silverado with 58,000 miles on it.
    Unless I absolutely had to have a new vehicle right now, I wouldn’t buy one in this market.
    This is a bubble and it will blow over.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    My wife is driving a 2012 Mazda CX-9 with about 110k miles . Runs great and no interest in replacing it any time soon .

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    If anybody is interested, there is a 2022 Toyota Mica Gray Camry XSE Hybrid coming in soon to Supreme Toyota in Hammond, La. Ask for Michele if interested. I had put a deposit on it but decided on a Rav4 Hybrid instead, so this one is up for grabs.

Attachments

• DSC02364.JPG
      DSC02364.JPG
      140.9 KB · Views: 55

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    $2k over sounds like a good deal; Camping buddy of mine 3500 chev, 2019, just locked up the second engine..Dealer told him 3 month wait for new engine..He had to pay a $10,ooo over the sticker price (He was in Tennesse). Dealer just said if you don't want it, there are others in line that will by it. He had to pay a towing company 450$ to move his 42' 5th wheel camper to a campground. Got the new truck and then had to wait over the weekend for hitch installation; he said the worst park was he had just put in $300 worth of fuel..

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    $2k over sounds like a good deal; Camping buddy of mine 3500 chev, 2019, just locked up the second engine..Dealer told him 3 month wait for new engine..He had to pay a $10,ooo over the sticker price (He was in Tennesse). Dealer just said if you don't want it, there are others in line that will by it. He had to pay a towing company 450$ to move his 42' 5th wheel camper to a campground. Got the new truck and then had to wait over the weekend for hitch installation; he said the worst park was he had just put in $300 worth of fuel..

That sounds like a nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom