Essential Arms Lower Pre-ban?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MonarchC88

Federal NewB
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 14, 2007
    Gonzales
    I've been doing alot of research on my AR and it seems as since my Lower is Essential Arms it is Pre ban b/c the company went out of business in 96 when the Bill was signed.

Anyone know if thats true? Or a way I could check? If so that would be great.

-Charles

Bill

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Apr 30, 2007
    Carriere, MS
    As far as I know................

The old lowers EA made were all cast. The letters are raised instead of stamped into the lower. Serial # will still be stamped.

MonarchC88 are the letters raised? If they are it's an older one.

Bill

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I have a cast lower (E.A.)that I purchased new after the sunset of the ban in 04.

Monarch, the way I look at it you do have a pre-ban lower, its been purchased and made into a working weapon before the next ban goes into effect

chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    Letters seem to be Stamped into it with a Stamped ser#..

Bummer, i was hoping to have a pre ban lower.

Your lower is about a year old, so it is not pre-ban. All the pre-ban lowers were cast (which may or may not be bad, depending on who you talk to ;)), but the new lowers (like yours) are forged. The only time a pre-ban lower matters is if you live in one of the commie states that still has a AWB on the books; the rest of us who live in free states get to enjoy all the benefits of having stuff made in this century. :D

ETA: The new E.A. lowers are better than the old ones. Everyone I've talked to who has built one up agrees that they are excellent lowers built to exacting tolerances; they just leave a little to be desired in the "spit and polish" department.

Top Bottom