F&*K you Mr. Weather.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Yeah, I said it. F^&K the weather this weekend. Last weekend it was father's day weekend and instead of heading out to Ship Island I went to Bass Pro Shop. This weekend we drove to MS hoping the weather would hold, then we turned around and thought about dropping in Pontchartrain. Nope. Storms. But the week days? Yeah, those are all clear. Those are fine. Well F@#K you Mr. Weather. You ain't seen the last of me.

/rant

Cliffs:
    There is teh rain3z
    Boatez n rain3z rnt ne good
    I curse teh rain3z

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    how you think I feel out here working in this hot wet funk we call "weather" in s. louisiana wearing a gunbelt and kevlar? 10 mins outside and you feel disgusting

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    how you think I feel out here working in this hot wet funk we call "weather" in s. louisiana wearing a gunbelt and kevlar? 10 mins outside and you feel disgusting

Oh, I know how that feels. If you think that's bad, try doing it on a tropical isle. I remember living on Oki and the summers being ******* insane (I mean, it didn't get below 50 during the winters). It would be 105d and 100% humidity AND raining. You'd be in cammies (what the Army folk call BDUs..lol) and in a 5 minute walk you'd be soaked. Humping in that was ****** up. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Camelbacks 4TMFW!

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    they have a boat? we were in the surf like the poor folks we are... ppl about 200ft away in boats were catching fish. it sucked.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Hey, at least you guys get to fish!! My last liscense expired in '99!!!!:eek3::wtc: None of my friends have boats anymore. Of course I do drop a line in the bayou behind the house, but who wants to catch gar's and grass carp?:thumbsdown:

Dave

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I fished the rigolets Thursday, not too good. I hopefully will head back out Tuesday for a trout slam with this full moon behind us.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    They have been tearing them up in Delacroix if anyone cares.

This is from a guy's charter website that I work with from 6/17
    Delacroix, Louisiana - Saltwater Fishing Report
    Breton Sound

Made a big loop this AM out in Breton Sound. The seas were light and Sound cruising was no problem. We started at the island on the edge of Black Bay that I have been working only to find stained water and slow action. We hit several wellheads and rigs in the mid sound to find dirty fresh water. Moved out further and found good saltwater. A boat was on the spot on the spot at the rig that I like so deeper we went. The water turned dirty and fresh again, so it was back West to work a secondary spot on the last rig. We picked up a dozen fat trout on plastics and live shrimp under a cork, but it was slow. Decided to work back toward the marsh. Found clean water and alot of bait and set up again at another rig. That was the last move, big trout started hitting the deck and I was busy netting, dehooking, working bait, etc. These trout were 19 - 24" and fat. The trout were taking artificial slow rolled, artificial deep under corks and live shrimp deep under corks - 6-7'. An awesome day on big Black Bay trout! I had never fished this spot before, so it was nice to add another hot spot to the lineup. The weather looks good for the rest of the week and the fish are eating up so get out there and catch some!

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    We went out today not expecting the best weather (just riding around on the tchefuncta river). It turned out to be a great afternoon. I am headed to Hopedale Thursday to take my uncle, brother and dad fishing.

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    We went out today not expecting the best weather (just riding around on the tchefuncta river). It turned out to be a great afternoon. I am headed to Hopedale Thursday to take my uncle, brother and dad fishing.

I launched at the end by the lake then went up by T-Rivers and played in all those little slews didn't get a single nibble. Got drunk with the buddies though.

Bearco

Instructor
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Covington
    I launched at the end by the lake then went up by T-Rivers and played in all those little slews didn't get a single nibble. Got drunk with the buddies though.

I launched at Marina Del Ray, drove out to the lake and then ended up anchoring at Brady Island for a while. We need to meet up and do some fishing some time.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom