Federal Judge Rules Ban on Carrying Firearms in Post Office Unconstitutional.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theonlytalkinggoat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2023
    Louisiana
    The USPS seems to think the judgement does not apply, but they don't say how or why it doesn't apply.

https://news.usps.com/2024/01/18/us...ow-its-policy-on-firearms-on-postal-property/

According to the NRA, the judgement applies to U.S. Postal Service regulations, 39 C.F.R. § 232.1, but I can't find anything in the judgement relating to that CFR. It only addresses § 930(a). I suspect this is something similar to what the ATF does, and what the LDWF is doing, in another post, muddying up the waters with administrative law, playing word games and/or out-right defying statutory and judicial law.

theonlytalkinggoat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2023
    Louisiana
    The one thing that has been banned from the PO is competent employees.

You got that right! I know people that work at the PO and they said management is horrible. They use DEI, promote managers with mental illness, put carriers into these positions and it goes down from there.

I have had several tangles with our post office. Someone found a 5k check in the trash, once, because the postal carrier, apparently, threw it away. We lived in a place with one of those group boxes. Chief of police called me and told me he'd gotten it out of the trash. 2 Christmases ago, I reported the carrier because she kept dropping our packages on the ground, in the middle of the driveway. The postmaster's answer was to just stop delivering mail. I had to call New Orleans and report the postmaster, to get her to fix herself. Recently, the carrier refuses to attempt delivery of anything requiring a signature. When I reported her, the postmaster claimed there were dogs in our yard, but we don't have dogs, then claimed she honked the horn several times, in the driveway, but someone was in the front of the house all morning; they never heard her. When I told her we have two cameras in the front yard, both show the driveway and how the carrier didn't attempt delivery, she really got defensive, but eventually said she would talk to the carrier.

Competence is something in very short supply, everywhere, recently.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    I'm headed to a USPS tomorrow to drop off a child support check. Good thing I saw this thread. I WON'T be carrying now.

Top Bottom