Friday night violence in NOLA.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I was born there. Dad is a geologist and moved us to Lafayette when I was three. So thankful, oh they shot 11 people in downtown lafayette Saturday night. It’s everywhere!!!!!!!
    I never would have guessed in Lafayette too. 12 shot including the shooter, WOW.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    I was born there. Dad is a geologist and moved us to Lafayette when I was three. So thankful, oh they shot 11 people in downtown lafayette Saturday night. It’s everywhere!!!!!!!
    That happened in the 3200 block of Magazine, between Harmony and Pleasant St (Imagine that). The Balcony Bar & restaurant is what used to be Tony's Family Restaurant. I worked there in the late 60's with Joey Dunaway (R.I.P.) as a delivery person (on a bicycle lol). I went to Live Oak Jr High one block over at 3128 Constance, and lived on Pleasant St at Constance. Things have changed a little since then.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The owner of the convenience store next to my house posted this next to the door. He will continue to have my business!

Attachments

• 20220504_010116.jpg
      20220504_010116.jpg
      243.4 KB · Views: 3

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yes, response times are ridiculous. Officers come to work with a 20 call backlog, and get off 12 hours later with a 20 call backlog. Not trying to justify their response time, and it's been 20 years since I retired, but used to be a time when Police Officers actually worked in communications, and screened the incoming calls for service. Lots of the calls received were handled over the phone, and an Officer did not have to be sent out. Many calls weren't even a police matter, and the called was directed to where they should call. Now, just about every call is written up for dispatch, and a car is sent. It could be anything from "He be hitting on me, but I don't want him arrested" (domestic call there for the 10th time), to "My neighbor be looking at me", or a 911 call for "not enough french fries in my order". There used to be 3 eight hour shifts, and 1 man units (for report taking), and 2 man units ( for more serious matters), which meant more units on the street. That was when there were 1800 Patrolman (now called Police Officers) on the street. Now, with around 800 that are actually on the street, there are only 1 man units (except FTO units with a trainee), and most are working 12 hour shifts.
    As stated earlier, not making excuses for the Officers today, just hoping to explain their circumstances.

Or "there's a cat stuck under my car."

Ma'am, I've got a handgun and some pepper spray. Which one would you like me to use? (Thought but not said out loud.)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom