Gifting a gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Since you can legally purchase a long gun from a dealer in another state, maybe make the purchase of the serialized receiver in Texas, and build it there on a visit. There's no transfer across state lines then, right? Our "freedom" sure is pretty stupid sometimes. I mean, you can legally gift a firearm from father to son, so the transfer of ownership from one person to another is not the issue, just the line on the map. But if the part qualifying as a "firearm" is bought in Texas, assembled in Texas, and subsequently "resides" in Texas without ever having been to Louisiana, would it really matter? Sometimes, getting to the right answer is more important than the "just $20 for a transfer" safe bet to satisfy the government. How ridiculous is it that this has to be nitpicked and debated as to whether one solution or another is a "workaround?" I know I'm preaching to the choir here when I state the obvious, that a father should be able to give his son a firearm as a gift no matter where they reside, and it's none of the gubmint's business. We shouldn't have to pay a fee to stay on the right side of the law when a right is guaranteed by the Constitution. How meaningful is Constitutional Carry going to be if we get it when we still have so many restrictions on Constitutional Ownership? I know I'm ranting now, but it really peeves me that this has to be such an issue. It's downright ludicrous that such conditions exist!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Since you can legally purchase a long gun from a dealer in another state, maybe make the purchase of the serialized receiver in Texas, and build it there on a visit. There's no transfer across state lines then, right? Our "freedom" sure is pretty stupid sometimes. I mean, you can legally gift a firearm from father to son, so the transfer of ownership from one person to another is not the issue, just the line on the map. But if the part qualifying as a "firearm" is bought in Texas, assembled in Texas, and subsequently "resides" in Texas without ever having been to Louisiana, would it really matter? Sometimes, getting to the right answer is more important than the "just $20 for a transfer" safe bet to satisfy the government. How ridiculous is it that this has to be nitpicked and debated as to whether one solution or another is a "workaround?" I know I'm preaching to the choir here when I state the obvious, that a father should be able to give his son a firearm as a gift no matter where they reside, and it's none of the gubmint's business. We shouldn't have to pay a fee to stay on the right side of the law when a right is guaranteed by the Constitution. How meaningful is Constitutional Carry going to be if we get it when we still have so many restrictions on Constitutional Ownership? I know I'm ranting now, but it really peeves me that this has to be such an issue. It's downright ludicrous that such conditions exist!
    You aren't wrong - the law is silly, especially in this case, but it is what it is.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Paw paw? Don't forget about me paw, I was in

Natchitoches today eating crawfish pies at a little place off I-49​

right next to I-hop, Best meat/crawfish pies in town paw!

I'd like a 350 hog thumper legend paw.

I promise to bring you a roast and a backstrap from time to time

Our hogs taste better since they eat bayou mud vs Texas pigs that eat armadillos and rattlesnakes.

Much love Paw

mod1911a

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Covington, LA
    Paw, is that you Paw?
    I'm told my paw was out of N.Louisiana and also called D**k Slinger Jones
    I'd like a spiffy AR-10 Paw if you feel it in you're heart.
    Throw in a few mag's and 1K of ammo if you will Paw.
    I also like stealing hogs too, Is this a family trait?
    I got the gold right here, Pa......the gold me and Josie robbed from the bank, Pa. I got it right here...........................BOOM!
    Hahahahahahahaha

mod1911a

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Covington, LA
    Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms <spits on dead guys forehead>
    Glad to see another fan out there. One my favorite freakin movies of all time. I've watched it at least 10 times in the last couple of years when it comes on. Recently got upgraded by Dish to a new fancy 16-tuner "Hopper". I can record and watch from any TV in the house. Got it in the library. LOLOL
    "Get ready little lady. Hell is coming to breakfast"

Top Bottom