Glock 10mm or 45 acp

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    This is a very easy answer my friend, BOTH.

In all seriousness though if for whatever reason you don’t want both it really comes down to what you’re using it for. Keep in mind Glock just released the Gen 5 Glock 21 and Glock 20. They are in stores and for sale online already.

Big H

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    Lake Charles, La. 70607
    Whichever one you choose will be the right one, although 10 MM got a hell of a track record to beat. 45 ACP been around awhile, guess we'll have to wait and see. Got a several 45s---no 10 MMs. ---I would like to try one out though---and I'm only 78.

Last edited:

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    I am 42 and I say 45 acp all the way. It is fairly low pressure round, packs a punch, and does not make me be go deaf if I have to shoot it with out ear protection. Unlike 10mm which is like shooting a 41 mag, high pressure, and makes my ears ring for weeks.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    I made up my mind to get the Glock 20 slim frame then a friend comes along and has a Glock 41 he offered to sell to me Which one would you get ?

Depends on what you want it for, CCW I would choose the 10mm, every day plinker go with the 45. No sense in use a hand cannon for punching holes in paper, too expensive in my book. I love to shoot my .357 Magnum, but cost of ammo keeps that to absolute minimum.

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    I am 42 and I say 45 acp all the way. It is fairly low pressure round, packs a punch, and does not make me be go deaf if I have to shoot it with out ear protection. Unlike 10mm which is like shooting a 41 mag, high pressure, and makes my ears ring for weeks.
    Take it from a 68yr old, who's going deaf, shooting any firearm without hearing protection will make you go deaf.
    Just cause you don't notice your ears not ringing don't mean ****

btw.. I'm a 1911 .45 fan

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    10mm can cover any of your needs. From carry to hunting to just plain fun.... But I'm biased and like doing things a little different than most. I ONLY shoot Underwood ammo and it's never once failed me at the range plinking, on training days, whenever/where ever.
    IMG_20230115_084137.jpg

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I actually have the G40 which is the 10mm version of the G41. The recoil is minimal because of the size and weight. But as was stated earlier, what do you plan to use it for? If you hunt, then the 10mm is best for those trips in the woods, in case a critter wants to have you for lunch. For competition shooting the G41 would be an excellent choice due to long sight radius, light recoil, and 3.5# trigger. The G20 will be easier to carry and conceal than the G41. Can't go wrong with either. Just figure out the job you need it for.

Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Boothville La.
    I actually have the G40 which is the 10mm version of the G41. The recoil is minimal because of the size and weight. But as was stated earlier, what do you plan to use it for? If you hunt, then the 10mm is best for those trips in the woods, in case a critter wants to have you for lunch. For competition shooting the G41 would be an excellent choice due to long sight radius, light recoil, and 3.5# trigger. The G20 will be easier to carry and conceal than the G41. Can't go wrong with either. Just figure out the job you need it for.
    I owned a 40 when it first came out picked it up at a gun show had the red dot on it Traded it the next show for a S&W 686+

Top Bottom