Glock Trigger Reset Issue

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    If you want to drive to Walker I will give you a new connector.

Thank you sir, that is a most generous offer. I will take you up on it, but I'll insist on paying. I wouldn't mind if you could take a look at the gun anyway. I like to understand things, and I see nothing wrong with this connector. If I can't figure out exactly what is going on here I will never trust this gun again. I will send you a message. I used to have your number (took a renewal class from you once), but I don't think I have it anymore.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Thank you very much! Sorry, I’ve been away from the computer and I’m just now seeing your post.

I do not have an armorer’s back plate, so I can’t duplicate that one particular picture if yours, but here are a few others of my pistol. Do you see anything wrong?

View attachment 161865View attachment 161866View attachment 161867View attachment 161868View attachment 161869

You’re welcome. The pics I posted are all mine.

Looks like the connector and the trigger bar were polished. I’d replace those parts and move forward.

I’ll pull that 27 apart and post detailed pics of the parts (connector and trigger bar) to show the wear they have on them.

JR1572

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana

Looks like the connector and the trigger bar were polished. I’d replace those parts and move forward.

I’ll pull that 27 apart and post detailed pics of the parts (connector and trigger bar) to show the wear they have on them.

JR1572
    Yup. THIS.

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge

JR1572

That is definitely odd. I do not remember polishing anything. It is my carry gun, and has been since day one, so for legal ramifications alone I would have been hesitant to mod anything.

Let me look at that again. But why would the gun have worked flawlessly all those years and just now develop this issue?

barbarossa

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Ok, mystery solved, and I think I owe you guys a mea culpa.

I took the almost factory new trigger group out of my G20 Gen4 and dropped it into the problematic G30SF. No more malfunctions.

Comparing the two, the older (malfunctioning) transfer bar is shinier. I have a habit of cleaning metal gun parts with a Q-tip and Mother's Mag Polish. I guess the "polish" part should have tipped me off to what I was inadvertently doing. The habit carried over from cleaning smoke rings off revolver cylinders (I'm mainly a revolver shooter), for which Mother's works great.

Still though, besides shining the trigger bar up, I do not see how I could possibly have removed metal with a Q-tip over the years, but here we are. I still do not understand exactly why the gun is malfunctioning as a result, but it looks like the fix will be easy.

Thanks to everybody who offered help.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Ok, mystery solved, and I think I owe you guys a mea culpa.

I took the almost factory new trigger group out of my G20 Gen4 and dropped it into the problematic G30SF. No more malfunctions.

Comparing the two, the older (malfunctioning) transfer bar is shinier. I have a habit of cleaning metal gun parts with a Q-tip and Mother's Mag Polish. I guess the "polish" part should have tipped me off to what I was inadvertently doing. The habit carried over from cleaning smoke rings off revolver cylinders (I'm mainly a revolver shooter), for which Mother's works great.

Still though, besides shining the trigger bar up, I do not see how I could possibly have removed metal with a Q-tip over the years, but here we are. I still do not understand exactly why the gun is malfunctioning as a result, but it looks like the fix will be easy.

Thanks to everybody who offered help.
    That Q-tip sure did leave a lot of grinding and polishing marks on the connector. Must have been a hell of a Q-tip.

Its so weird that it looks exactly like connectors I have seen come thru my shop that have been polished with a Dremel and a polishing stone. Crazy coincidence huh.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    I'm glad you discovered the problem parts. Now, to get further down the rabbit hole, is it the connector or the trigger bar, or a combination of the two? You can purchase both new (and OEM), and replace one, test it, then replace the other and test it again. Might be only one part causing the problem, and not necessary to replace both.
    Remember when lubricating your pistol, one of the most critical parts that need lubricating is the end of the trigger bar, where it contacts the connector. I use a heavier type lube (TW25B) on this spot. It stays better than light oil.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    The way the plastic parts look, all chewed up, leads me to believe that this gun has been taken apart alot. The plastic bearing ( i think that is what it is called) is all mangled just infant of the striker. And the rear block that holds the disconnector is also chewed up on the trigger bar side, and possibly where the trigger bar interfaces to be drop safe. And yes, the disconnector looks like it was sanded and the trigger bar looks round where it would meet the striker.

Top Bottom