Glock triggers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGBORE44

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Oct 4, 2007
    MARRERO,LA
    So I picked up a few Leo trade ins. I would like to change out the triggers to what is stock factory. So what did NOPD do to the Glock 22s what should I get to get back to a 5.5 pound trigger ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If they have a NY trigger spring replace it with a regular OEM coil trigger spring.
    Clean and lubricate the connector and go from there.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Can you take a pic of what's installed now? If they feel heavy, like JBP55 said they may have the NY trigger springs (will look like a plastic insert).

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The regular trigger springs are just a coil spring with the last half coil on each end bent out to form a hook shape.

The New York trigger spring is a coil spring in a little V shaped plastic housing. Glock made these heavier springs to accommodate NYPD officers that had trained on double action revolvers and were used to the heavier pull. If the NOPD officers that carried these were also transitioning from DA revolvers, then they may well have had the NY trigger springs.

The trigger spring and the connector bar (the flat L-shaped metal bar that slides into the side of the trigger housing) determine the trigger weight. And yes, I know that the firing pin spring can also affect trigger weight, but it would be unusual for a department to fiddle with those.

By the way, check your firing pin and safety plunger while you're in there. On a well-used duty gun those could be showing wear.

And run the factory Glock springs. Just about every failure I see in a Glock is caused by aftermarket crap.

Reply here or PM me if you have questions ... I've been a Glock armorer for about a decade now. I've also got the armorer's manual, if you have a specific trigger weight that you're looking for. I can tell you what the factory recommends for the various springs.

Mike

local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Yes all the NOPD weapons had the NY spring. It’s has to be removed and replaced with OEM . Separate from the spring change If you are looking to add an aftermarket trigger the only one I recommend is overwatch. They maintain all of the safeties unlike some other triggers that are out there

Last edited:
    Top Bottom