Group Buy: Ballistic Armor Plates (Level IV)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    After the great response of the med kit GB and while ironing out the details on the chest rig GB, we've decided to get the ball rolling on another unbeatable deal on top notch gear for you guys.

Velocity Systems VS-PSA4-1012 Ceramic Armor Plates
    Level IV Standalone
    10"x12" Shooters Cut
    .75" Thick
    6.8lbs

VS-PSA4-1012-2.jpg

Retail Price: $425/ea
    Cheapest you'll find anywhere else: $350/ea
    BS Group Buy Price: $292.50/ea

Add $20 shipping for one plate, $30 for a pair. So total for two plates shipped is $615.

LEGAL INFO: It is completely legal for anyone to own body armor in LA, unless you are a convicted felon. Same rules apply as guns. If you couldn't pass a background check or legally own firearms, it will be illegal for you to own body armor. For ethical reasons we will reserve the right to deny anyone we see unfit to participate in the group buy. If you PM and don't get a response you probably either said some stupid **** on the forum, we have reason to believe you can't legally own body armor, or we just don't like you. Apologies in advance. :)

Some general Level IV armor info:

NIJ LEVEL IV (Armor-piercing rifle). This armor protects against .30–06 caliber armor-piercing bullets (US military designation APM2) with nominal masses of 10.8 g (166 gr.) impacting at a velocity of 868 m/s (2,850 ft/s) or less. It also provides at least single-hit protection against the Level I through III threats. Level IV body armor provides the highest level of protection currently available.

Last edited:

SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Bump. Lots of price requests but only a couple commitments. The price is the best we can do and significantly less than anywhere else you can purchase these plates. If you need or have wanted hard armor this is a hell of an opportunity. Do not cheap out on something that can save your life. These are brand new, top notch plates. Don't trust your life to beat up, questionable used surplus armor.

If it helps, we are considering putting together a group buy for a great plate carrier as well and offering a turnkey setup.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Feb 22, 2008
    I'll pass. The Velocity Stuff is state of the art. These plates were selected following what was probably the most stringent body armor trial of all time. They are thin, light, multi hit, and best of all vetted.

SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    It's go time people. We have the minimum order met and are placing the order Monday.

If you want in, please contact me for payment details.

JWG223

Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    I would like to know their rated shelf life, please?
    Regardless, pm sent.

ETA...turn-key would be nice...

Last edited:

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Feb 22, 2008
    Ceramic Boron Carbide Plates don't expire. They are supposed to be crated every 6 years and after any significant impact. That is 6 years of use though not closet storage.

JWG223

Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Ceramic Boron Carbide Plates don't expire. They are supposed to be crated every 6 years and after any significant impact. That is 6 years of use though not closet storage.

Thanks!
    $100 a year, even if I used them like I likely won't come close to, great deal.

JWG223

Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Gotcha down JW. Everyone else in the GB has been contacted. We will be placing the order tomorrow if anyone else wants in.

Thanks!
    If the plate-carrier materializes, let me know/order it for me, what dimensions of mine do you need to buy a plate carrier effectively?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom