Handguns for sale on La Sportsmans site

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DirtyDusty

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2013
    Farmerville, LA
    Searched for Glock on the La Sportsman’s classifieds. Quite a few came up. They had a number to text fir info and noticed the same number, but different names on the ads. I texted one and he said his name was Mike from Lafayette. Says he was an ffl dealer, but would meet in person. I asked the name of his store and he would give it. So beware, looks like a scam, unless someone from here knows the guy.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Probably something close to 65% of the classified ads on Sportsman are scams. Sad. Used to be a solid marketplace. Thanks, Obama!

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I used to browse LA sportsman but never actually made an account. From what I see now it’s not even worth fooling with and it’s littered with scams. Not to mention if I did decide to make an account now most would assume I’m just a scammer since that’s really all the new accounts are. Bayoushooter is a much better place to buy, sell, or trade imho.

oneshy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2014
    Houma La
    A tete a tete meeting should alleviate any fear of scam. Unless he has an accomplice hiding in the cane. I always do that for local buys. Meet in the WM gas station parking lot away from prying eyes and you should be OK.
    Perhaps he is antsy about people knowing he has that many guns. He is also being as careful as you are.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Unfortunately, its up to prob 75-80% of the ads are scams. Thats why I stopped sponsoring on the site. The classifieds are the wild wild west of scams.

You can tell which ones are generally.
    1. New account in the last month
    2. Too many pictures, as if it came off Gunbroker
    3. Weird area codes, asking for texting instead of calling
    4. When you call they don't answer, or bad English
    5. Want money sent via greenpack or western union
    6. When you are on the way to meet them they ask you to paypal gas money to them so they can make it.
    7. Cost is too good to be true, and you know it !!
    8. They have grammatical errors in the listing or it says "Penny Auction" (Too lazy to edit it and just screenshot it from Gunbroker)
    9. They have just the listing of the specifics of the pistol like it was copied from a website.
    10. Its the same phone number with different accounts.
    11. Listings have weird prices like $371.48 or $599.01

And keep in mind LA Sportsman SAYS they don't care what goes on there, they don't even look at the classifieds. The "report spam" button doesn't do anything.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    90% of accounts made since COVID are fake. Maybe not all, but be very wary of those and vet them heavily and don't give ANY upfront $ for gas, deposit/earnest money or any other sob story. They also started posting "SOLD" ads, in pink, to make themselves seem legit.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom