HB209 - modifies state pre-emption

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Mandie Landry, Democrat District 91, New Orleans. Typical Liberal. They want cities like New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and others to be able to make their own gun laws that trump State Law. If this passes we will have California style gun control in Louisiana. I hope this dies on arrival.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Can you imagine different gun laws from parish to parish? This is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Mandie Landry, Democrat District 91, New Orleans. Typical Liberal. They want cities like New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and others to be able to make their own gun laws that trump State Law. If this passes we will have California style gun control in Louisiana. I hope this dies on arrival.
    More than just that. Mandie Landry states (on her website) "I believe that healthcare is a human right, and that healthy people are what’s best for our community and our state. I believe that workers deserve more than a living wage."

So she is right in line with Bernie Sanders, Liz Warren and most all of the Dums. That the fed government (and the real taxpayers who actually work for a living, full time jobs) should provide free healthcare for all, free broadband access, free smart phones, $3500 in payments annually for every baby that you can pop out, and min wage $15 an hour isn't near enough. Lets forgive every fed student loan to date too. Oh and lets create thousands of high paying jobs to green up (save our environment) and hand them out whether you are actually qualified or not. Especially to minorities and illegals flooding into the US. (the Joe Biden Build Back Better plan, endorsed by AOC and Omar and many of the Dums). Obama initiated this master road map 12 years ago. That free health care (they call it fed subsidized so it doesn't sound so bad) can cost the taxpayers (and the fed government) as much as $600 per month, per individual.

We are doomed, along with our savings, and the value of the American dollar if we continue on the Dum plan. They are projecting SS will not be fully funded by 2034 and benefits will probably be reduced by 25% immediately therein. So we have rabid inflation (thx Joe and Kamala) and a social security system fixing to partially implode. If you loved $4 a gal gasoline, you're gonna love spending 15 to 25% more for your groceries, houses, lumber, and a new car. Not a pretty picture at all. "Build Back Better" sponsored by Joe Biden and most all of the Dums.

Last edited:

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    HB209, set for committee vote April 19, 2022, would modify/restrict state pre-emption.
    Here's a tidbit of information that you may find useful. In my volunteer activity with Convention of States (COS) one of our state heads has discovered that his town committee (selectman, and managers) sworn oaths and civil service eligibility rides upon maintaining good standing with the US Constitution. This would have not have been a gray area earlier in our nation as most citizens knew this was implied. That said Article VI Supremacy Clause or Supreme Law of the Land, implies adherence to all articles, bills, and amendments within the US Constitution. This member has been extremely successful in calling out these committee members: they have been stomping on the constitution for some time on various locale issues. In doing so he has stopped a number of local ordinances etc. that violate rights and protections framed in the constitution. These committee members serve only as they maintain good standing with the US Constitution. This is true from Congress/Senate/POTUS down to the smallest form of government. Various tyrants have influenced various courts mostly inferior courts but as high as the SCOTUS to impose laws, regulations, treaties etc. that are not in good standing with the US Constitution. Sadly the list is large. To the point: you can call these tyrants out at your locale and remind them they must be compliant and maintain good standing or they need to step down. Our member has been attacked by various peoples and groups, and we are vigilantly tracking these people and groups for overstepping. If you are interested in empowering yourself you can email me and I will give you some powerful resources to restore the US Constitution in your locale!

PS A common misinterpretation leveraged by various government bureaucrats is that Article VI allows States to self govern: this is true, however, A6 implies that all reasonable laws, regulations etc. must be in compliance with the articles within the US Constitution, and of course Bill of Rights. Many other articles enforce this, and to violate A6 is to violate the entire US Constitution. No government in the USA may violate this knowingly and maintain good standing to maintain their status as civil servants and elected officials.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom