Herbicides

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • johnjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    I must have had this stuff longer than I thought. Generic Roundup I bought on sale at Tractor Supply under $50.

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I wish I knew more about the stuff I use. It kills everything. Small trees, briars, everything. My buddy works with the highway department and calls it Spike. He usually just gives me some in a gallon jug so I’ve never seen a label. They use it to spray around bridges and such using a truck mounted sprayer. I mix one cup to a 2 gallon sprayer and rarely have to spray twice in a season. Hope I don’t get the cancer.
    It's actually called Spike 80 DF.
    (DF is for Dry Flowable.)
    It'll kill absolutely any plant life indiscriminately.

Attachments

• Spike_80DF_Label1j.pdf
      833.9 KB · Views: 80

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    2-4D is a banned product in PLAQUEMINES PARISH ,they was using in citrus groves and at a certain temperature it will vaporize and move over to the tomato gardens.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Know someone whose father drove a 18wheeler tanker some years ago and once brought home a 5 gallon bucket of some high super strength weed killer from the the tanker trailer that when applied to the ditches in front by the road nothing but raw bare dirt was exposed for 3 (three) years.... And as was posted earlier about the mixing of some of these chemicals was possibly creating "Agent Orange" that was used during the Viet Nam era around US military operations around the world. It took many years before that they finally admitted to the many medical problems this" Agent Orange" caused to our military personel. When in 1969/1970 I was in Korea near / on / and inside the DMZ and probably exposed to the chemical. ................................... drill sgt.

Grosbec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2022
    White Castle
    I usually buy generic roundup at my local fertilizer co-op for $45 for 2 1/2 gallon. Either Cornerstone brand or Razor. Is 41%

I love this online store call Do my Own. They have free shipping. This is 41% stuff

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    It's actually called Spike 80 DF.
    (DF is for Dry Flowable.)
    It'll kill absolutely any plant life indiscriminately.

Is this stuff a bluish green?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nicktran337

Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Jul 30, 2016
    Lafayette LA
    I wish I knew more about the stuff I use. It kills everything. Small trees, briars, everything. My buddy works with the highway department and calls it Spike. He usually just gives me some in a gallon jug so I’ve never seen a label. They use it to spray around bridges and such using a truck mounted sprayer. I mix one cup to a 2 gallon sprayer and rarely have to spray twice in a season. Hope I don’t get the cancer.
    What color is the liquid?

Top Bottom