Hoggin Around

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phaetos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    I'm wanting to do some hog hunting. Anyone got a good public place for it in the BR area?

Phaetos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2007
    Ok, I expected a better response than that. And sorry for late replies on my threads. I kept forgetting to bookmark this sight. :o

Dixie_Amazon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Gotta go to an Arkansas Wal-Mart, they have special identifying markings.
    Razorbacklarge.gif

idunno

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    I've hunted quite a bit at Three Rivers WMA. It's north of Simmesort. Never seen a hog there, but plenty of sign near the south campsite. I've seen several hogs killed on the property usually around the 200 lb range. None with any tusks worth mentioning. I've also heard of a very large hog being killed on the far north end near Red River WMA supposedly requiring WF agents to bring in a front end loader to bring it out. I call BS on that one, but it was a story I was told.

All that being said, Starting last year they are allowing hog hunters to hunt with dogs on Pearl River, Red River, and Three Rivers WMA's only in the month of February and with special permit from Baton Rouge or Ferriday enforcement offices. Anyone interested let me know. I don't have any dogs, but would love to get hooked up with a hunt like this. My goal is to stick one with my Cold Steel

Danny

USMC DM
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2007
    NE Louisiana
    Upper Ouachita WMA outside Marion (east of Farmerville) has alot of hogs or did a couple of years ago. I believe as long as you can hunt squirrels then you can hunt hogs with a .22 or bow.

Direction from WM go back towards Serlington on HWY 2 turn left towards Marion the turn right towards Alabama Landing and turn left on a dirt road called Civic Club road then take a left on Southern line road until you get to a big clearing then stop and hunt the east side of the road between the road and river. A friend of mine bow hunt west of the road and says he has seen alot of hog signs on both sides of the road. You can also go all the way till it runs into a slough off the river and it is good hunting there also.

Top Bottom