Holosun 507C

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Any pistol red dot gurus out there. I have decided on a Holosun 507C. My question is this. How long does it take to learn to acquire the dot? Do I get a circle dot now or wait a month for the ACSS Vulcan reticle?

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    I have 4 507C's, for carry I use the circle dot reticle, but for competition I use just the dot. When transitioning to a dot, you have to shift your focus to the target and superimpose the dot on it, do not try to focus on the dot. Just practice acquiring the dot until you get a feel for the angle your wrist has to be at to quickly pickup the dot. With Glocks your wrist are bent down more, Sig pretty much level. As far as the ACSS reticle I haven't seen one yet, but I like the 250 MOA circle as opposed to the 32 MOA circle I currently own. Don't know which one would be better in a self defense situation till I get one to compare.

Last edited:

hkump

Rating - 100%
    314   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    Any pistol red dot gurus out there. I have decided on a Holosun 507C. My question is this. How long does it take to learn to acquire the dot? Do I get a circle dot now or wait a month for the ACSS Vulcan reticle?

I would just get the regular Holosun 507C V2 or X2. I would avoid the ACSS Vulcan reticle because you're going to rely too much on that outer band. I've owned all 3 varieties and I would stick with the V2 or X2. Practice and more practice will help you get good with any red dot system. Once you get used to the red dot system, it'll be too easy when you shoot, almost like cheating.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Go for just the regular one with the circle-dot reticle.

I'm newer to dots than most of these dudes, but I've been putting in the work trying to learn and it's all in the presentation. If your presentation is off, you'll be fishing all day for the thing (hence the vulcan circus ring), but if your presentation is solid and consistent the dot will be exactly where you need it to be, when you need it to be there.

civiltiger07

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 20, 2017
    Brusly
    I'm assuming you are talking about the Primary Arms Holosun with the ACSS Vulcan Reticle.

Holosun HS507C-X2 Pistol Red Dot Sight - ACSS® Vulcan™ Reticle (primaryarms.com)

I received mine about a month ago, however I haven't mounted it on a pistol yet. I can tell you the circle is extremely helpful for acquiring the dot. I have just held it in my hand and brought it up into my line of sight. Every time I could see part of the circle and I knew exactly where the dot was and could quickly make the correction.

My plan is to put this one on one of the new Taurus TX22 Competition pistols and use it for shooting steel challenge. I have watched plenty of seasoned shooters struggle to find a red dot that I figured this Holosun would help with the dot acquisition.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom