Homemade Pastrami Sandwiches

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Some of you MIGHT remember about a week and a half ago I made a post about Busy Prep Work... https://bayoushooter.com/threads/busy-prep-work.219986/

This past Saturday I put that piece of beef on the Keg to smoke for a few hours.

JqoG1n.jpg

Because of Good Friday and something else being cooked on Easter Sunday, which was a delicious meal. a jalapeno pepper jelly/cranberry glazed ham, dirty rice, candied yams, cheesy pasta and something else that escapes me at the moment.
    So I smoked that hunk of beef and put it in the fridge to complete at a later date and that date was today. I put the pastrami to steam in the oven for a few hours the checked it a thought it was done. I left it in the turned off oven to steam a little more and cool down.

I had some leftover uncut fries I had cut for the fish fry on Good Friday soaking in water in the fridge and thought they would go perfectly with the pastrami sandwiches.

Remember to always stay properly hydrated when cooking outdoors!

f0dO5j.jpg

This morning I made a Russian dressing for the sandwiches and even dressed some angel hair slaw to go on the sandwiches.

Sliced up the pastrami and it was time to make the sandwich and eat!

LiUUDu.jpg

I put too much of the slaw(which was pretty darn good)on my sandwich which was on soft rye bread, had a couple of pickle spears on the side with some of those fries. It was a delicious sandwich even with too much slaw!

Xzsjhu.jpg

Next time I'll start the process from a whole brisket.

Top Bottom