How to survive a traffic stop

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I had a run in with a trooper today, he had the nerve to pull me over after I broke a traffic law! Exiting the interstate the traffic was backed up the exit lane a good bit, everyone was turning right so they had pulled there vehicles to the right with there tires over the white line about a foot to give room for people to get by turning left, two cars turning left at the light and maybe thirty going right, I'm on my bike so I slip by no problem, that's when I saw the trooper, instead of stopping I went on by and the lights came on instantly! Now this is the important part, I decided I would go ahead and stop, obey his commands and be respectful!
    E asked for my DL, I pulled it out, but didn't hand it over till my carry permit was out to and placed on top the DL, it was handed back and he hung on to the DL while he asked if I new the reason for the stop, I said yes and told him, his response was I can't believe you did that rite in front of me, I lol'd, told him it was to late when I saw him so I rolled the dice and got the lights, lol. Anyway no ticket, asked me to stay with the line of traffic, have a nice day and sent me on my way

Thank you sir! If you happen to visit this forum, that was me on the BMW
    Stay safe out there!

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    There is absolutely no f'ing way this incident happened as you claim.

If you had actually been stopped, you would have been beaten, tazed, choked, skulldrug and immediately taken to prison after every civil right you have had been repeatedly and violently violated.

I just don't believe you. I've seen too many Youtube videos to know you MUST be lying.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Wait a minute. I'm calling BS if there is not a video or talk of the JBT beating you and violating your god given rights.

Just kidding, there are good troopers to I guess :)

MOTOR51

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    There is absolutely no f'ing way this incident happened as you claim.

If you had actually been stopped, you would have been beaten, tazed, choked, skulldrug and immediately taken to prison after every civil right you have had been repeatedly and violently violated.

I just don't believe you. I've seen too many Youtube videos to know you MUST be lying.

How much did the police pay you to lie like this? ;)

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Theirs two possible reasons for the outcome of my "run in"

1. He took to me telling him the truth, and realized I was a good guy who didn't mind my rites being violated OR
    2. He thought I was about to blade sideways! Take me rite back and flee, so he just wanted out of the run in! Lol

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I also had a run in with the law today. First time in a few years at that. When he hit the lights I slowed down, put on the blinker, and pulled over at the next safe street available. While he was running my plate before getting out (I assume) I reached over, got out my insurance and registration from the glove box, pulled out my wallet and got my license out, rolled down the window and put my hands on the wheel. By the time he came over and asked for it I just reached down and handed it to him. I was super polite and he returned the favor. I also had no civil rights violated. He didn't pull out his gun. He didn't even point his taser at me. Hell, he even wrote the ticket standing by my car instead of walking back to his. He didn't seem too worried about me. Oh, and he even told me to have a great day after he handed me the ticket. I told him thank you, asked if I was good to go, he said yes, I waited till he walked away safely from my car, and I left. No insults towards me. He didn't even hit me. Wow...what a shocker. I guess being nice, prepared, and honest works.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    5TgmzqQ.png

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I'm sad to share a name with that jerk. People act like that and then wonder why the guys in blue aren't on their side when they really need it. Idiots. If everyone lived by the motto that respect is earned and to treat others like you want to be treated, life would be so much easier.

Hogin

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 27, 2011
    Independence LA
    Well ya'll were lucky. The trooper that pulled me over wasn't near as nice. After politely asking him to hold my beer, while I tossed the guns and bags of weed out of the front of my glove box so I could find my expired insurance card. He had the nerve to write me a ticket for no seatbelt. Some people have all the luck.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    Last time I was pulled over the cop asked if I knew why. I simply asked, "Was it the speeding, the improper lane changing, or the expired inspection tag?" He laughed and said the tag then told me to get out of here. It doesn't always work though. I was poking fun with one once and he got me for careless operation resulting in a wreck. Couldn't agrue with him because that's exactly what happend. They have a job to do and I can't hold it against them for doing it.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Last time I was pulled over the cop asked if I knew why. I simply asked, "Was it the speeding, the improper lane changing, or the expired inspection tag?" He laughed and said the tag then told me to get out of here. It doesn't always work though. I was poking fun with one once and he got me for careless operation resulting in a wreck. Couldn't agrue with him because that's exactly what happend. They have a job to do and I can't hold it against them for doing it.

And that's a great attitude to have as long as you don't come across as a jerk. All in the tone. I assume you don't :)

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Why don't you just admit it.

You slipped one of these between your DL & CHP, didn't you.

krispy_kreme_gift_card_front.jpg

attachment.php

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I got pulled over yesterday for running a stop sign in out here in the middle of nowhere. I tried to explain to "Deputy Jackwad" that it's not like I just blazed right through the thing. I explained that I slowed down and saw that nobody was coming so I just cruised right on through. So he says to me, "So you think slowing down is the same thing as stopping?". I told the jerk, "No but it is just as good!".

So he made me get out of the car. Then he took his baton out and started whipping my ass with it and the whole time he kept asking me over and over, "Now do you want me to slow down or you want me to f**king stop?!?!"

attachment.php

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    And that's a great attitude to have as long as you don't come across as a jerk. All in the tone. I assume you don't :)

--Sent From My Galaxy S4

I can be a jerk, but never with a cop and never first. My "assholeness" usually comes out in response to someone's stupidity. I like to think that I am a light hearted guy who loves to joke around for the most part. When he stopped me, I knew exactly what I had done wrong so I admitted to it......... I was caught anyways so why lie about it? Luckily the cop was in a good mood and had the same kind of joking attitude I did or I could have ended up with a large ticket, that I rightfully deserved.

Top Bottom