I-12 Interstate Closure

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Got off work early...decided I'd make a thread about it!

Anyways, I work at Ferrara Fire Apparatus so when I leave I can see about two miles worth of interstate from the parking lot. I left yesterday at 430 and noticed traffic was crawling. Get to the interstate to go westbound to Livingston (where I live) and noticed they were directing people off of I-12 at Holden. Figured this was gonna be good.

Got home and didnt really go anywhere. This morning I got up to Hwy 63 in town and noticed a ton of traffic headed north. Interstate must be closed....so I had to take US190 to work instead.

We were let out early today so I went and did some hardcore rubber necking from the service road towards Albany...then looped back onto I-12 west to head home. They have one huge mobile Terex crane out there plus another little bit smaller one planted right in the middle of the road moving the pieces. Looks like they are seperating the load into smaller sections and loading them on to waiting semis. They have about 10-12 semis with drop deck trailers waiting to haul the parts off. Looks like they also have an extra lowboy with stingers in case they need it.

I took like 5 pics but the cell phone network right here is so balls deep with calls that my phone wont email them to me :rolleyes:

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    I passed thru yesterday evening late on the way to Hammond. This is probably it...................
    ut50rjl448bkrlxn6net.jpg

ENVPMBR Shooter

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La
    It was a radiological shipment fro the Entergy Waterford Plant. The driver had a blowout and pulled too far off the side of the interstate. There was no radiation leakage. I know this because I have first hand knowledge of the accident.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Mickey, they were disappointed that you had already sold your radio.. They were wondering if they needed to outbid the other guy for your stuff.. lol

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I seen the cranes on the way to Denham Springs about lunch time. On the way back I got off at the Livingston exit and started to go south and go up through Springfield but like a dumbass I went Hwy. 190 and it took me about 2 hours to get from Livingston to Hammond on 190.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    WBRZ just said eastbound was now open. Just remember that's the same family that prints all the wrong info in The Advocate. :D

Top Bottom