I think Teddy needs one of these

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    I wish I could remember where I saw them, but there were some outstanding Inauguration photographs taken with one of those monsters. First time I saw them at any rate.

Actually the link was on here for a while. The images were amazing, you could zoom in forever without any loss of quality.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah that lens has been on b&h forever. The story goes that they made a handful for the olympics some years ago and sports illustrated still has a few they use occassionally.

Really the price is cheap for such a rare lens. The lenses the networks use for live television sports are much more expensive. Google "fujinon digi power" to see some lenses worth several hundred thousand.

Also, the lenses they are using on the Panavision cameras for this movie are so exclusive that you can't even buy them. They are only available a rentals from panavision. Google "panavision primo" to see those. One guy even mounts a primo to a Canon 5D.

A visitor to the set was sitting on a case holding 7 of those lenses. I didn't have the heart to tell her the replacement cost of the box of lenses she was sitting on was probably over half a million dollars.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    ...Also, the lenses they are using on the Panavision cameras for this movie are so exclusive that you can't even buy them.

pretty much the same thing with the Tyler mounts we rent from Panavision to use on the helicopters. They are ~$500/day but you can't buy them.

tyler%20mount.jpg

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom