IDPA...locations?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southern Shooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Pineville, Louisiana
    IDPA match distance

I have in-laws that live in Baton Rouge so I could combine a visit with them and a shooting match all in the same weekend.

It would be myself and my 16 year old daughter. How and where could we learn the ropes of the competition, techniques, etc. and get some practice in?

Thanks

Forrest

REO
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Is there any reason you don't want to shoot IPSC? There is usually an IPSC match every weekend within an hour's drive of BR. Check out USPSA.org for contact information.

Cowboy

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 15, 2006
    Houston
    I have in-laws that live in Baton Rouge so I could combine a visit with them and a shooting match all in the same weekend.

It would be myself and my 16 year old daughter. How and where could we learn the ropes of the competition, techniques, etc. and get some practice in?

Thanks

Practice basic skills, group shooting, drawing and firing, mag changes and target transitions. Then go to a match. For IDPA you need to learn the target orders of engagement and the legal reloads. IPSC is a less ridged with target engagement and reloads. Both IDPA and IPSC have lots of rules regarding legal equipment and divisions.

czar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2007
    S'port, LA.
    There is match held in Bossier City/Princeton area every 2nd Sunday. We have held the State Match the last 3 yrs for IDPA.

Top Bottom