Is the Kimber peper blaster considered a handgun?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • svilardo_85

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    MANDEVILLE
    I recently got a kimber pepper blasters for both my gf and my daughter (18)

I wanted ask if anyone knew from experience or just hands down knowledge if its ok have this non lethal self defense tool in one's pocket or purse concealed in certain places of public business
    Gas stations
    Restaurants
    Movie theater
    Retailers (Walmart Macey's Academy Foot locker and ect.)

I'm just curious because of it's shape and features if it could be considered a handgun or a pistol and a chp would be needed

Last thing we want is for them to be arrested for protecting themselves but get charged for concealing a "firearm" "handgun"

I mean if I hold a banana like pistol does it make it a pistol ???

Just want to keep my loves safe until I can get them both comfortable with firearms and get their chp

Thanks everyone

WilsonCombatant

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    New Orleans
    It’s not considered a handgun. It has to have a bore to fire a cartridge and use an explosion to launch a projectile with one hand. My wife Carrie’s hers everywhere except the airport, govt buildings

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I recently got a kimber pepper blasters for both my gf and my daughter (18)

I wanted ask if anyone knew from experience or just hands down knowledge if its ok have this non lethal self defense tool in one's pocket or purse concealed in certain places of public business
    Gas stations
    Restaurants
    Movie theater
    Retailers (Walmart Macey's Academy Foot locker and ect.)

I'm just curious because of it's shape and features if it could be considered a handgun or a pistol and a chp would be needed

Last thing we want is for them to be arrested for protecting themselves but get charged for concealing a "firearm" "handgun"

I mean if I hold a banana like pistol does it make it a pistol ???

Just want to keep my loves safe until I can get them both comfortable with firearms and get their chp

Thanks everyone
    Self-defense spray can legally be carried and concealed essentially everywhere in Louisiana (and most states). You cannot bring it into courthouses or similar places, and any place with a metal detector (concert venue) and airports won't take kindly to it.

I don't go anywhere without POM spray, and I think it would be a superior option for your wife and daughter compared to the kimber blaster spray. The profile makes it easier to be carried, which is important to women (and to me lol).

That's a link to their combo pack which includes two sprays + one practice spray. Just like learning to shoot - anyone carrying spray should learn how it sprays and the limitations of it. You should get both of them an inert option so they know how it works.

To answer your specific questions about the kimber spray: It is not a firearm and it doesn't matter how you hold it, it is not a firearm. That being said, someone could interpret it as a firearm and react accordingly if misused...so, just something to consider.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom