Lafayette Parish SO Range (update)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    OK

I finally got a response about their range, its located at 350 Michael Ann Drive Lafayette La, if I'm not mistaken thats located by the target on the north side. The phone number to get mor info is 337 236 5607, hours of operation for NON LEO are Saturdays ONLY from 8Am to 2Pm. For what my GF said, (she called since I'm offshore) they have stands for paper targets and also steel plates available, also both rifle and pistol bays. Like usually RO will inspect equipment to make sure of its safe operation, etc etc, thats what they meant by qualification process on their website, to me it should have been inspection but it's all the same.

Anyways, its another choice in our area, if somebody goes tomorrow please take some pics and let us know if its ay good.

Thanks.

7.62mm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Lafayette Parish SO Range

Previously posted on original thread.

[You're right],] The LPSO range is on Michael Ann Drive in north Lafayette Parish.

Take Pinhook Road towards the Breaux Bridge Highway, cross the BB Highway, drive past FR. Terulings HS, cross the tracks, take the first RIGHT on Lajaunie Road, cross the bayou, take an immediate RIGHT. Michael Ann Dr will be the first road on your LEFT. Go all the way to the end of Michael Ann.

If you go to Mapquest.com you can see the range in the satellite photo...

Open to the public [Non-LEO] Saturdays, 0800 - 1400 Central, except holidays or the Saturdays after holidays if the holiday is on Friday.

Hope this helps. :)

Regards,

7.62mm

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    For what my GF said, (she called since I'm offshore) they have stands for paper targets and also steel plates available, also both rifle and pistol bays. Like usually RO will inspect equipment to make sure of its safe operation, etc etc, thats what they meant by qualification process on their website, to me it should have been inspection but it's all the same.

On your first visit you will be required to hear an orientation and safety presentation, it takes about five minutes. Civilians are not allowed to shoot steel plates. At least one Range Safety Officer will be on the firing line(s) when shooters are present. They will control line status (hot or cold) and ensure overall adherance to good safety procedures and the range SOP.

Metal target holders and cardboard backers are provided. You bring everything else. Tables are at a premium when there are many shooters.

There are three shooting bays. A two lane 100yd rifle, a 50yd mixed use and the primary is the 25yd pistol(about 15 lanes). It is static shooting only. No move and shoot. It's a very friendly, family oriented operation. There is always at least one deputy on duty and the RSOs are civilian volunteers who have passed the NRA Range Safety Officer class.

Rarely, a couple of times per year, the range will be closed for LEO training. Sometimes the main range will be in use by the Deputies running a civilian firearms safety class. Aside from that the range is open to civilians just about every Saturday.

Top Bottom