Lafayette Shooting Ranges

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Danny

USMC DM
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2007
    NE Louisiana
    I am looking for a range to sight my rifle in the day of Thanksgiving or the Friday morning after. I didn't receive my base in before I left for offshore and I come in on thanksgiving day and then I start hunting the Saturday after thanksgiving. All I need is to get a 100 yard zero.

Any help. Ranges or a patch of land in the country will do also

sonyman74

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 14, 2007
    Robeline, LA
    I don't know if Barney's will be open or not. They have a 25 yard rifle range but if you know how high your gun should shoot at 25 it will work just fine. I can call them and find out.

3wbdriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2007
    Leesville
    I'd offer to meet you at the 500 yd range on Ft Polk, but methinks you wouldn't care to drive that far...................:D

Was anybody else at Sherburne today? I spent most of the day there at the south end of the tables. Even got to shoot someone else's .50 BMG Serpa. That was cool!

:cool:

Zack3g

Full Auto is fun!
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2007
    Lafayette
    i was thinking about going today but ended up going on a little bike ride instead. i'll probably swing up there tomorrow for a few, need to sight in the new ACOG.

3wbdriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2007
    Leesville
    If you have a hunting or fishing llicense it's free to shoot there (ALL DAY LONG).

If you're going from Lafayette, head north on I-49 to Opelousas Hy 190 exit, and east about 20 miles on hy 190 to Krotz Springs. Go through Krotz Springs and over the large bridge. Immediately after going over the bridge (first turn) turn right onto and follow 975 south for about 4 or 5 miles (all dirt road). Right after a wide right sweeping turn you'll see some signs for the complex on the left. Not quite 1/4 mile in there will be some buildings, and a sign in stand. Fill out a card and continue on in. The ranges will be on the left with the rifle range last in line about 3/8 mile in.

They will be very busy Thanksgiving weekend, but it will be hunters verifying zero and moving into the woods, so a lane should clear up quickly. They have stands at 25 - 50 - 100 yds. Bring your own paper targets, and if you can find some old plastic election signs with wire stands, they make excellent targets stands as long as the breeze isn't bad. We had one each set out at all 3 distances yesterday.

:)

Danny

USMC DM
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2007
    NE Louisiana
    Thanks, I may try it if Barney's isn't open. I an from up north and have all the free land to shoot on but not the time before saturday morning

3wbdriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2007
    Leesville
    How far up north?

Ft Polk is only 1 hour west of Forest Hill.................

And they are measured out to 450 yds.

Danny

USMC DM
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2007
    NE Louisiana
    I live NE of Monroe, but at my g-mother's house in Lafayette for Thanksgiving and christmas on the Friday after thanksgiving, since I will be offshore for christmas.

3wbdriver

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2007
    Leesville
    Ahhh!! :hs:

The thot plickens............ ;)

Sherburne it is then. Just be patient if you're not there at 10 when they open.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom