Libertarian Party

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    I'll probably regret posting this, but here goes.

First I don't claim to be very savy when it comes to politics.

My general beliefs when it comes to politics is that there is not much that can be done anyways, because no matter who gets into office, and despite what they previously stood for, once your in, if you are actually gonna get anything done, your gonna get your hands dirty because the system is to corrupt. Its a good ol boy system, and you have to play ball to get anything accomplished, and as soon as you do, your now compromised.

But imo, things are worst than they have ever been, and every election since I can remember in my 34 years of life, they just continue to gradually get worst. No matter what, no matter who is in office, it is always the middle man who gets screwed.

A large part of the problem I believe is the 2 party system. Which really, is what we have of course. It creates ignorance amongst the people who somewhere along the way decides they are either a Democrat or Republican, and from there, they dont look at what each person running for office really stands for, they simply vote their party line.

It also bothers me that due to party lines, every person running for a office gets pigeon holed into their partys' platform. Its absurd that every man or woman who runs for office, will generally always have the same thoughts as the party line of their respective party. It strips away a candidates ability to be inventive or to think outside the box. They bascially end up having to conform if they are to ever have any serious chance.

If we could begin again, I think that would be the first thing to get rid of, no more Democrat, or republican, just people who want to help run our country and the local, state, and national level, who the people could decide upon based off of the candidates own thoguhts and ideas for running our country.

I honestly believe that would not only increase the "value" of our given candidates come election time, but also help to increase the knowledge of the average voter.

There are simply to many people putting people into office who really dont know a thing about their the person they voted for other than that s/he is a Dem, or Rep.

And so far, that is not working. Not even close. In my short life time, The United States of America has become a shadow of its former self, and a laughing stock to most other countries, and an embaressment to its people.

This election year I have spent more time than before, which admittedly is still probably not as much as it should be, but more than ever before really trying to learn about the choices for President, and what each party stands for.

In the past I have always frowned on voting for any 3rd party simply because I more or less followed the logic that any vote that is not for the big 2, was a wasted vote.

And perhaps it is. And maybe it isnt. But I have decided I would rather "waste" my vote, if there really is such a thing, by voting for what I believe is right. The Libertarian Party has really caught my attention and I think is more in line with what this Country is in need of, and holds dear those values in which we were founded on.

I dont see my vote as a wasted vote going towards the men and women who stand for these goals. The more that people look and vote for another alternative, the more so that eventually change will happen and force the other parties to eventually have to stand up and take notice. I dont know if it will happen in my life time or not, but I would rather be able to say I voted my consience than vote for the lesser of the 2 evils.

If anyone is interested on checking out where the Libertarians stand on certain issues and their platform, here is a link to one of their web sites.

http://www.lp.org/platform

Born4spd

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    I'll probably regret posting this, but here goes.

First I don't claim to be very savy when it comes to politics.

My general beliefs when it comes to politics is that there is not much that can be done anyways, because no matter who gets into office, and despite what they previously stood for, once your in, if you are actually gonna get anything done, your gonna get your hands dirty because the system is to corrupt. Its a good ol boy system, and you have to play ball to get anything accomplished, and as soon as you do, your now compromised.

But imo, things are worst than they have ever been, and every election since I can remember in my 34 years of life, they just continue to gradually get worst. No matter what, no matter who is in office, it is always the middle man who gets screwed.

A large part of the problem I believe is the 2 party system. Which really, is what we have of course. It creates ignorance amongst the people who somewhere along the way decides they are either a Democrat or Republican, and from there, they dont look at what each person running for office really stands for, they simply vote their party line.

It also bothers me that due to party lines, every person running for a office gets pigeon holed into their partys' platform. Its absurd that every man or woman who runs for office, will generally always have the same thoughts as the party line of their respective party. It strips away a candidates ability to be inventive or to think outside the box. They bascially end up having to conform if they are to ever have any serious chance.

If we could begin again, I think that would be the first thing to get rid of, no more Democrat, or republican, just people who want to help run our country and the local, state, and national level, who the people could decide upon based off of the candidates own thoguhts and ideas for running our country.

I honestly believe that would not only increase the "value" of our given candidates come election time, but also help to increase the knowledge of the average voter.

There are simply to many people putting people into office who really dont know a thing about their the person they voted for other than that s/he is a Dem, or Rep.

And so far, that is not working. Not even close. In my short life time, The United States of America has become a shadow of its former self, and a laughing stock to most other countries, and an embaressment to its people.

This election year I have spent more time than before, which admittedly is still probably not as much as it should be, but more than ever before really trying to learn about the choices for President, and what each party stands for.

In the past I have always frowned on voting for any 3rd party simply because I more or less followed the logic that any vote that is not for the big 2, was a wasted vote.

And perhaps it is. And maybe it isnt. But I have decided I would rather "waste" my vote, if there really is such a thing, by voting for what I believe is right. The Libertarian Party has really caught my attention and I think is more in line with what this Country is in need of, and holds dear those values in which we were founded on.

I dont see my vote as a wasted vote going towards the men and women who stand for these goals. The more that people look and vote for another alternative, the more so that eventually change will happen and force the other parties to eventually have to stand up and take notice. I dont know if it will happen in my life time or not, but I would rather be able to say I voted my consience than vote for the lesser of the 2 evils.

If anyone is interested on checking out where the Libertarians stand on certain issues and their platform, here is a link to one of their web sites.

http://www.lp.org/platform
    :cool::D:):bravo::kiss::thumbsup::rockon:

Swampy

Chicken head
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 3, 2006
    Harvey, La.
    While its a would be nice to vote for someone I actually believe in. I think it will be better to vote for someone who actually has a chance of winning...:(

I stood in line yesterday and did my part in voting for McCain ... I think its the best I can do.. If I vote for anyone else and Obama wins.. I will feel like crap...

We have to do whatever we can to keep Obama out... McCain may not be the ultimate presidential candidate but at least he doesnt want to take away my guns and he still has a chance of getting elected. (however slim that chance may be.. ) the way I see it a vote for someone else is just as good as a vote for Obama..

But you do what you want.. Thats the beauty of our system... Just remember when Obama wins that you did nothing to keep him out of office...

Here are the latest polls...

Rasmussen: Obama 50, McCain 47.
    Gallup (expanded): Obama 51, McCain 44.
    Diageo: Obama 49, McCain 42.
    Zogby: Obama 49, McCain 44.
    Battleground: Obama 49, McCain 46.
    DailyKos: Obama 50, McCain 44.

I have little faith in the polls but if you look at the numbers there is not much room for the Lib candidate ...

I would love to be wrong about this but I have a very bad feeling that Obama is going to win.....

We all need to do our part to keep him out of office...

Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    While its a would be nice to vote for someone I actually believe in. I think it will be better to vote for someone who actually has a chance of winning...:(

I stood in line yesterday and did my part in voting for McCain ... I think its the best I can do.. If I vote for anyone else and Obama wins.. I will feel like crap...

We have to do whatever we can to keep Obama out... McCain may not be the ultimate presidential candidate but at least he doesnt want to take away my guns and he still has a chance of getting elected. (however slim that chance may be.. ) the way I see it a vote for someone else is just as good as a vote for Obama..

But you do what you want.. Thats the beauty of our system... Just remember when Obama wins that you did nothing to keep him out of office...

Here are the latest polls...

Rasmussen: Obama 50, McCain 47.
    Gallup (expanded): Obama 51, McCain 44.
    Diageo: Obama 49, McCain 42.
    Zogby: Obama 49, McCain 44.
    Battleground: Obama 49, McCain 46.
    DailyKos: Obama 50, McCain 44.

I have little faith in the polls but if you look at the numbers there is not much room for the Lib candidate ...

I would love to be wrong about this but I have a very bad feeling that Obama is going to win.....

We all need to do our part to keep him out of office...

I understand where your coming from because every election I could vote in, up till now, I have echoed exactly what your saying.

Every election its a "crisis" election with big things at stake, and although I have seldom been supportive of either of the big 2 candidates, I was always voting of the lessor of the two evils so to speak to keep the guy I feared the most out of office.

Now, here it is almost 16 years since I was first able to vote, and things are worst than ever.

I'm tired of playing the game. I know many people feel as you do, and I'm certainly not going to sit here and say your wrong in how you feel.

Except for the part about saying if I dont vote for McCain I did nothing to keep Obama out of office. I disagree with that whole heartedly. I remove my self from being forced to cast my vote under such pretenses, and will vote for whom I feel is honestly best to run this country.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedactedUsername
    Top Bottom