Looking for AIWB for G34 w/X300

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike_golf

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 1, 2007
    NOLA
    Hello,
    I'm trying to find the best holster for AIWB with a G34 wearing an x300. I want it to use DCC clips. I'm looking at Philster, Dark Star, and JMCK. Any input is appreciated.

Also, can anyone ID the holster in the pic?

TIA

Attachments

• 48317119596_76ae1a0c26_c.jpg
      48317119596_76ae1a0c26_c.jpg
      165.2 KB · Views: 151

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Also, can anyone ID the holster in the pic?

I think that might be a Henry Spark: https://www.henryholsters.com/product/aiwb-iwb-light-bearing-holster/

All three options you list there, plus the Spark, are fantastic. It's really about personal preferences about minutia like comfort and clip spacing, but a few things that might be worth considering, if it matters... the Henry is the only one of the lot with a molded wedge (I think the Tenicor Malus one has one as well), so the other three you'd need to stick some foamies on there. The PHLster Floodlight is universal holster, whereas all the others will be molded to your gun. I don't carry a WML so the nuances of this in practice are lost on me, but I was chatting with DAVE_M about this earlier this week and he said the Floodlight isn't as great as the Pro.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I think that might be a Henry Spark: https://www.henryholsters.com/product/aiwb-iwb-light-bearing-holster/

All three options you list there, plus the Spark, are fantastic. It's really about personal preferences about minutia like comfort and clip spacing, but a few things that might be worth considering, if it matters... the Henry is the only one of the lot with a molded wedge (I think the Tenicor Malus one has one as well), so the other three you'd need to stick some foamies on there. The PHLster Floodlight is universal holster, whereas all the others will be molded to your gun. I don't carry a WML so the nuances of this in practice are lost on me, but I was chatting with DAVE_M about this earlier this week and he said the Floodlight isn't as great as the Pro.

I'm not personally a fan of the PHLster Floodlight, even though I'm a fan of Jon's holster designs. I simply don't have a need for a universal fit holster when I have the Henry Spark.

For non-light bearing, I have a PHLster Pro and Dark Star Gear Orion. Currently the Orion is attached to my PHLster Enigma. The Pro is ambidextrous and has a very generous molded wedge. It's the most comfortable G17 size holster I've used thus far. It replaced my Eidolon. The DSG Orion is a nice holster, but the Dark Wing doesn't allow for me to space the clips farther apart like I have on the Pro, so I ended up attaching it to the Enigma after Jon's recommendation. I much prefer it that way. The Pro is great standalone, but if the OP needs a WML, it's tough to beat the Spark. PHLster ceased production on the Spotlight, because Andrew makes the Spark. Jon has been trying to shift focus to the Floodlight and the Enigmas.

50876215836_4dbee1d41b_b.jpg

51182364492_6d800caa3e_b.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom