Looking for serious opinions about Nick's

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I would like to join Palo Alto but their membership drive isn't until March or April. I'm looking for a place to go with the family (me, wife, 2 kids). Sometimes it would be just me and other times me and one of the kids. From what I understand, I can get a membership at Nick's for $115 for the year for me plus $50 for the wife. When we go, it's $5 for me, $5 for my wife, $6 for one of the kids, and nothing for the other due to age. The youngest has opportunities to go on hunting trips but he needs to be a good bit more familiar with rifles. I really want an outdoor range because, in my experience, it's easier to spread out, get comfortable, and communicate. Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, at Nick's?

DaggerBlade

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 26, 2015
    Baton Rouge LA
    I was a member at Nick's for several years. I left Nick's and joined Palo Alto. There was no reason why I left Nick's other than I wanted to try Palo Alto. Did Palo Alto for 1 year and went back to Nick's. I just preferred Nick's. Can't really say why other than I shoot mostly pistol and felt PA was focused on rifle. Nick has made a lot of improvements over the last few years. The first year at Palo Alto is pretty expensive. First year is $325.00 dues and initiation fee.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Its Bridgeview not bridgeport; I also think you can pay a fee and use the range, without being a member, there is a pistol and rifle portion to the right side as you enter the facility

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Its Bridgeview not bridgeport; I also think you can pay a fee and use the range, without being a member, there is a pistol and rifle portion to the right side as you enter the facility
    I used to shoot some competition matches there until I grew a little tired of the complaining. It’s not a bad range. I didn’t know they had admission via fee. But it’s through BR and over the bridge. Even taking the old bridge, that makes it tougher to get to than Nick’s.

boudy30

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2022
    Hammond, LA
    I went to Nicks for first time couple months ago. It was a good experience. I went during the week and was only a couple of us on the firing line. Range master made sure things were safe but was not over bearing.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    My opinion - Nick's is a bit expensive at $25 dollars per shooter. Think their max range is 100 yards, but the pistol and the long range are not segregated. So, if you need to reset targets every 12 shots (like for a CHP class) the entire range must go cold. However, there's a staple gun at every table, along with a push rod for clearing squibs, and stickers for covering holes. I went on a Saturday afternoon and it was packed (about 10 other shooters there).

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Deb Mev
    Top Bottom