Maverick 88 12ga

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Are the Mossberg 500/590 tactical upgrade parts compatible? I see that there are a bunch on eBay like this, but I have sent a few e-mails w/o responses and figured that someone on here would be able to give me a definite yes or no.

I was interested in the collapsible stock, due to the fact that my wife is a little petite (5'0, 110lbs) and can not get good hand placement on the stock components. She wants to feel comfortable hand placement before she fires some 3" Mag 00 through it. I like the Weaver front grip b/c I can slide a light onto it.

Can anyone help? Thanks a bunch.

Chuck

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    everything i've gotten from cheaperthandirt.com for mine has fit fine, can't speak to ebay items

Cajun_Chuck

Premium Certified Cajun
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I got a different kit that was advertised as a Maverick 88 tactical upgrade. Well, the stock fit. The forend did not, due to the fact that I had picked up the Mav88 from Academy (not Wal-mart) which contains a solid one piece synthetic forend attached to the dual action slidebars and not the action slide tube assembly (like the walmart one & standard on the Mossberg500). The tube assembly can be changed out with the proper parts and the shotty made to accept everything else that the M500 does, but by the time the money had been spent, it would have been easier and about the same price to just buy a Mossberg 500. Meh! Now I know.

Top Bottom