Maxpedition VersiPack MONGO

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    My review of my Maxpedition Versipack Mongo used in the role of a vehicle bailout bag overseas.

Be gentle....don't make me write a poem!;)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EytmMNpGUYA[/ame]

Last edited:

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I saw you posted that on the Maxpedition Facebook page. Good review. Makes me want to buy one of THOSE now too. :(

:D

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I saw you posted that on the Maxpedition Facebook page. Good review. Makes me want to buy one of THOSE now too. :(

:D

They really are awesome depending on what you are using. Maxpedition is great quality no matter what, the problem is finding the right bag for your needs.

i really want to take this one back to Afghanistan with me, but I want to test out some more stuff too.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    They really are awesome depending on what you are using. Maxpedition is great quality no matter what, the problem is finding the right bag for your needs.

i really want to take this one back to Afghanistan with me, but I want to test out some more stuff too.

I'm using a Sitka now and like it but this Mongo looks like a great day pack.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    Unless it was a pound of feathers, because a pound of bricks would be way too much!:eek3:

dog-dude-wait-what.jpg

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Good review there B.

What you NEED to do is take that P.O.S. bag that was sitting to the left (your right) (Active SHooter bag w' mag pouches) and shove it up the designers ass at Maxpedition and ask him how it feels. I bought one of those SPECIFICALLY for a bedside bag for the AK and you can barely fit regular AR mags in those pouches!

I called Maxi to express my concern and was told that it had to "break in"... Huh? How can something that has that heavy of a seam at the top "break in"? Seriously. I even went on the websiter and wrote an honest review and told them it was NOT intended for ANY type of AK, but they took it down.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Good review there B.

What you NEED to do is take that P.O.S. bag that was sitting to the left (your right) (Active SHooter bag w' mag pouches) and shove it up the designers ass at Maxpedition and ask him how it feels. I bought one of those SPECIFICALLY for a bedside bag for the AK and you can barely fit regular AR mags in those pouches!

I called Maxi to express my concern and was told that it had to "break in"... Huh? How can something that has that heavy of a seam at the top "break in"? Seriously. I even went on the websiter and wrote an honest review and told them it was NOT intended for ANY type of AK, but they took it down.

Thanks.

You might have gotten one with tight tolerances. the one I ussed and then gave away up there was sweet as a dedicated ammo bag. Two on the outside and i think I had 10-12 on the inside with a smoke on top.

I have had nothing but great things with all the Maxpedition I have gotten, but i have heard of some guys getting things that were "tight"

Most guys don;t complain about thatthough...YMMV ;)

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    Yup. It's a dedicated GLOCK bag now. I can carry 4 Glock "Happy Sticks" in those 2 AR pouches.

I tell you another good bag, it's made by Diamondback Tactical, their Escape and Evade bag. CLICK HERE

Product-124-thumb.jpg

This is the company that makes the bag that Suarez sells on his site, but this bag is larger and it will hold 6 AR, AK (both types) easy. I've had it for about a month now and in the process of writing a review on it for the average Joe.

I'm using it as a truck, house, range bag and like it was designed to see how it really holds up.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dpoirier63
    Top Bottom