Mitch Rosen Gunleather

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I have a MTAC for IWB for my G19 but I wanted an OWB holster and mag pouch. I gotta tell you after searching forums and looking at various holsters and mag pouches I finally bucked up and ordered a Mitch Rosen President holster and double mag pouch.

On their website they siad production time was 3 - 4 weeks. When I talked to them when I ordered they told me 4 - 5 weeks. Well today the BBT pulls up and drops off my holster and mag pouch, TWO weeks to the day I ordered it. They turned out great:

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    I have several Rosen holsters and in my experience, it's well worth the $12 for the little bottle of silicone he sells. (leather lightning he calls it). It really does help a lot. I also put my pistols in a ziplock bag and then cram them in and let them sit overnight a couple of times. This will stretch the leather out just enough. After that, no break in issues at all. Rosen leather goods are expensive as hell but I have found none better. His stuff is without a doubt top quality gunleather that's for sure. I think you will be very happy with your purchase!

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I have several Rosen holsters and in my experience, it's well worth the $12 for the little bottle of silicone he sells. (leather lightning he calls it). It really does help a lot. I also put my pistols in a ziplock bag and then cram them in and let them sit overnight a couple of times. This will stretch the leather out just enough. After that, no break in issues at all. Rosen leather goods are expensive as hell but I have found none better. His stuff is without a doubt top quality gunleather that's for sure. I think you will be very happy with your purchase!

I got the Leather Lightning, how often did you put it on? I did it twice today.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    The ONE drawback to these (I too have the same combo, a set for the USPc and for the P7) is that they are so finely crafted, they are a BITCH to get broken-in.

Start wearing them both around the house, practicing your draw; form the holster AND the pouch.

They MIGHT be ready for use by next Wednesday night... ;)

The bummer about that is starting this week I will be working Sun - Thur nights 10pm - 6am for the next 8 weeks.

SigArmed1

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 21, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    I didn't have to use it that often, just enough to keep it kinda slippery. If you already applied it twice, you should be good to go for awhile. The plastic bag trick was what really made the biggest immediate difference.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Thanks guys for the advise. Steve I am in training and only time we can get into the Control Room Simulator is at night. After this I will go on rotating shiftwork plus overtime!!

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I am curious, anyone know how they manufacture these holsters? Do they press the leather on a mold or is it a vacuum process?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom