Need YOUR opinion on this Kayak

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alex

Jun 20, 2007
    Frisco, TX & Frequently in BR
    My goal is to buy my girlfriend and I kayaks that we can overall enjoy using. While I can spend more money, I'm unsure if we'll actually stick to the hobby. In comes this kayak:

http://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/s...1_10051_220405_-1?color=Fade+Blue&N=670787849

I realize some of the downsides: only 8' in length, no storage, and possibly crappy stability

My goal is for us to paddle around the LSU lakes, fish in her family's small camp pond, and maybe hit up some small marsh trips.

We're not picky and as long as we can figure out how to maneuver ourselves we're happy.

So, is this worth it? The additional perk is that I may get another 25% off this price--making two kayaks right around $250 WITH tax!

Last edited:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    For $250 its a hard price to beat, unless they are too unstable to use. I would search that model number and similar ones and read reviews. I was looking at a 10'-11' pelican and people were saying those could get pretty tippy. Although I was looking at open water kayaks.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I see very few helpful reviews on the 8 foot pursuit--that may be a good enough indicator!

Well when I was looking not to long ago I didn't recall seeing that model. I think it may be new, therefore no reviews. I would try to find similar models and see what people are saying about those.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    Got my wife their 10' Hunter. Very stable, at least to us, its our only experience. And, with me (240lbs) in it, it only draws about 4-5 inches. Think it was 300.

I don't know if 2 feet is going to make a big difference, but damn, 250 for two:eek3: a steal.
    Think I'm gonna get 1.

Last edited:

Renegade

Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Yeah, I know this is an old thread, but I just came across it... Academy donated 8 of this model to Camp Avondale and I used one three different days at Boy Scout Summer Camp back in June. They are very stable, light, quick, and maneuverable... lots of fun! The downsides are that I felt a little cramped (I'm 5'10", 180lbs.), no storage unless you strap your stuff down, no cup-holder, etc. Not a trekking kayak by any means, but would be fun for day outings.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom