Neutral Ground gun range, how is it?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.
    Wish it were closer to me! Baton Rouge has no outdoor ranges that are close by. Sherburne is the closest 100 yd outdoor public range that I know of. I spend alot of my time at Range USA in B.R.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I went for the grand opening and haven’t made it back since but I may stop in tomorrow morning. You can practice drawing from concealment and shoot quickly as long as you’re doing so safely. The one big thing I noticed when shooting since it’s opened under new management is the ventilation is much better now.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Wish it were closer to me! Baton Rouge has no outdoor ranges that are close by. Sherburne is the closest 100 yd outdoor public range that I know of. I spend alot of my time at Range USA in B.R.
    Man, Sherburne is the only place I've really felt unsafe shooting. We tried acting as an unofficial RO while there, asking occasionally if everyone was ok making the range cold to change targets etc, but half of them couldn't understand why we felt uncomfortable being downrange while they finger banged their pistols on the line. Between that, and being flagged multiple times, we made it an early day and went home. Some of those people have no business handing firearms.

Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.
    Man, Sherburne is the only place I've really felt unsafe shooting. We tried acting as an unofficial RO while there, asking occasionally if everyone was ok making the range cold to change targets etc, but half of them couldn't understand why we felt uncomfortable being downrange while they finger banged their pistols on the line. Between that, and being flagged multiple times, we made it an early day and went home. Some of those people have no business handing firearms.
    When I do go over there, I try to go when there are as few people as possible. I know what you mean.

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    That's exactly why I quit going there.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Formerly St.Bernard gun range used to be similar when it was crowded. People flagging you nonstop and more worried about mag dumping and taking selfies than actually training or enjoying target practice.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I went there a month ago and had a good relaxing session. The AC worked really well, so it was comfortable. The staff was very attentive and observing the lanes. I could tell that they do not suffer fools lightly and that is how I like it. I faced the music as a teen on that very range when I did something unsafe and it should be no different for anyone else.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    Have you tried Nick's out on Garyville? I'm on Gonzales and go to Nick's regularly

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I have not tried Nick's yet. I will make it a point to go there this week if I can. Thanks
    I wouldn’t bother with nicks unless you just want to punch paper very slowly. From what everyone says you can’t shoot quickly and you can’t draw from a holster or practice drawing from concealment. To me personally that seems like a waste of time, money, and ammo. I have a pellet pistol I can punch paper with in my backyard if that’s all I want to do. If I have the time I like shooting at MCTA.

Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.
    One reason I do like Range USA is the people. Employee's are willing to help, knowledgeable and generally friendly. RSO's are observant and willing to let you shoot fast once they see you know what you are doing. Often I will shoot from tabletop to 2 shot on a timer and no one complains.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    MCTA is definitely the #1 for the area. I would've suggested them but I was trying to think of just the B.R. area... I need to get out there again. It's been over a year since I went to MCTA

duckboya5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2023
    St. Bernard Parish
    Neutral Ground has changed over to new ownership, and the range is top notch. I don't shoot there because I'm a member of a private range for 31 years now, but I do have them handle all of my transfers and have used them for many years. Without going into all the details, one of the former workers Sam is now one of the partners in the new ownership and Sam is a great guy. He's been handling all of my transfers for many years and he's a friendly straight shooting guy. I have shot a few times over the years at the range, and the range is very nice. If your in the Arabi area, it's a nice place to shoot.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    frc in baton rouge allows draw from concealment after they witness your level of competency... nice range and has alot of force on force training and a kill house with sim-guns for training also.... but i must admit haven't been to the range a whole lot lately since i shoot in my back yard on my on property....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom