New Law on Pistol Attachments.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I think it doesn't matter if it's the ATF's final rule or the AG's final rule or the DOJ's final rule. The AG falls under the executive branch. The DOJ falls under the executive branch. The ATF falls under the DOJ and, therefore, falls under the executive branch. The point I'm making is, for the purpose of creating new laws, it doesn't matter which of those entities "owns" the final rule. None of them are authorized to create laws.

Someone said the rule is bad because entity #1 is not allowed to make laws. You pointed out that entity #2 actually owns the rule. Well, for the purposes of making new laws, there is no difference between the authorization of entity #1 and entity #2 to make new laws. You make a distinction that made no real difference. I'm not arguing if you are right or wrong. I'm arguing that, for the purpose of creating new laws, it does not matter if you are right or wrong.

And to be honest, I've got a couple lowers I've been toying with making sbr's. I can't think of a good reason, and I haven't heard a good reason, why I shouldn't take advantage of this opportunity to do for free what I was thinking about paying $400 for.

So clearly you feel strongly the AG/DOJ has no legal right to create the new "final braced pistol rule", which went into effect 1-31-23. Yet in a previous post (above) you stated you have a couple lower receivers to SBR and save myself $400. Interesting, ready to capitalize on a "rule" you feel is unconstitutional and illegally created.

I just read last night in the ATF FAQs doc if you did not possess the braced pistol on 1-31-23, it is ineligible for the free 120 day SBR approval. I bet you have read the FAQs too, I know how well prepared you usually are. But don't let that fact stop you Mr. Policeman. Do you need me to to post a link to the FAQs for you?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I'll bet at least 7 people on here got triggered by your statement.

And to be honest, I've got a couple lowers I've been toying with making sbr's. I can't think of a good reason, and I haven't heard a good reason, why I shouldn't take advantage of this opportunity to do for free what I was thinking about paying $400 for.

It was brought to my attention on a large gun forum that at least 1 has been approved. He sent it In 1/14/23 and approved today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    So clearly you feel strongly the AG/DOJ has no legal right to create the new "final braced pistol rule", which went into effect 1-31-23. Yet in a previous post (above) you stated you have a couple lower receivers to SBR and save myself $400. Interesting, ready to capitalize on a "rule" you feel is unconstitutional and illegally created.

I just read last night in the ATF FAQs doc if you did not possess the braced pistol on 1-31-23, it is ineligible for the free 120 day SBR approval. I bet you have read the FAQs too, I know how well prepared you usually are. But don't let that fact stop you Mr. Policeman. Do you need me to to post a link to the FAQs for you?
    Your taunting replies to people are really child like. Why not just further the conversation instead of being a jerk.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Please share with us where I stated “pictures of whole firearm”
    In fact, “photo of firearm with markings” is optional.
    See number xix in pic below (in case you don’t know your Roman numerals) It doesn’t matter anyway. You took my remark out of context simply to try to show everyone you know something. Problem is, you’re also trying to say we don’t. You know what they say about a man who pretends everyone knows less than he does…Guess what, we all have access to the ATF site Motor. Why don’t you offer something tangible and useful to the conversation instead of just insults and argument? Watch how easy this is…

You really are a douche nozzle....I mean it's unreal how much of a tard you are.

Whoa, don't disrespect retards.... they are mentally challenged.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Not that I am a fan of it one bit, but to be accurate, the ATF did not create this new "braced pistol final rule". The AG/DOJ has. ATF is application and enforcement. Shows just how smart Matt Gaetz is.

A couple guys here have repeated the same thing recently.
    No, it just goes to show that they are all part of the show. All talk, while the train keeps rolling. People like him are there to serve one purpose, to give people something to cheer for so that they don't feel alone, cornered, and totally unrepresented

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So clearly you feel strongly the AG/DOJ has no legal right to create the new "final braced pistol rule", which went into effect 1-31-23.

Ok.

Yet in a previous post (above) you stated you have a couple lower receivers to SBR and save myself $400.

I've said that several times in the past.

Interesting, ready to capitalize on a "rule" you feel is unconstitutional and illegally created.

Yes.

I just read last night in the ATF FAQs doc if you did not possess the braced pistol on 1-31-23, it is ineligible for the free 120 day SBR approval.

Congratulations.
    757fbcf3f4b9bfff4bf40d8dba726c19.jpg

I bet you have read the FAQs too, I know how well prepared you usually are.

I have read through most of it.

But don't let that fact stop you Mr. Policeman.

I'm not sure how I can be stopped by the fact I'm well prepared.

Do you need me to to post a link to the FAQs for you?

No.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Process is pretty easy.
    I was able to submit 2 eform 1’s in less than hour.
    Couple weeks ago did my electronic fingerprints to get the .EFT file through nationalguntrusts.com at a local ups store kiosk. Passport photos with an iPhone app. Uploaded that and a pic of the serial numbers on the gun and away we go.

Some people seem to be loosing their mind over this topic. I have a pile of approved stamps in the sbr, sbs, and silencer categories. “THEY” already know what I have and where I live, let’s add a few more to the list. Take off the tinfoil hat.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Process is pretty easy.
    I was able to submit 2 eform 1’s in less than hour.
    Couple weeks ago did my electronic fingerprints to get the .EFT file through nationalguntrusts.com at a local ups store kiosk. Passport photos with an iPhone app. Uploaded that and a pic of the serial numbers on the gun and away we go.

Some people seem to be loosing their mind over this topic. I have a pile of approved stamps in the sbr, sbs, and silencer categories. “THEY” already know what I have and where I live, let’s add a few more to the list. Take off the tinfoil hat.
    Think it’s less about adding nfa items and more about the gov overstepping there boundaries and changing law at the drop of a hat and unconstitutionally…

I have 8 nfa items… and I do not support them requiring me to register an sbr, destroy, or dissemble a ar15 pistol that was previously approved by the atf and purchased legally because they think they can write law… That’s the point… it’s not about what’s free… nothing from the gov is free, it will come at a cost now or later…

It also changes everything about legally bought ar pistol that anybody in your family could possess if needed, must be sbr’ed and cannot be added to a trust with trusties/ beneficiarys.. so it is yours and only yours, you are not free to sell whenever you want, cross state lines, give it to your brother or friend to use or for self defense or protection or hunting .. it must be locked up and only you have access, unlike a trust

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    191   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Honestly, I have bought ar “pistols” with braces and form 1’ed them as an SBR years ago because the arm brace was pretty cheesy in my opinion.

As to your 2nd question, no. I would not be ok with registration of hi capacity magazines.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Honestly, I have bought ar “pistols” with braces and form 1’ed them as an SBR years ago because the arm brace was pretty cheesy in my opinion.

As to your 2nd question, no. I would not be ok with registration of hi capacity magazines.
    There’s a big diff in you choosing to cause they cheesy and the gov telling you to without law or you go to jail…

UncleBiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Chalmette
    Do yall think the court will overturn this rule? What will the court think when they are presented with an SBA3 brace and a Magpul SL stock? I imagine they will say they are the same.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Do yall think the court will overturn this rule? What will the court think when they are presented with an SBA3 brace and a Magpul SL stock? I imagine they will say they are the same.
    It’s called a brace, manufactured, patents approved , approved by the atf via drawings and samples to be a stabilizing brace, with +13 years of manufacturing and +40 million made… not only sold as an accessory but approved to be sold with ar15 pistols as a package and classified as a pistol on the atf background check….. it’s not a stock… that’s pretty simple to understand..

Each brace and manufactured gun sold with a stabilizing brace must be approved by the ATF prior to selling and manufacturing … they spent millions of dollars engineering drawings and submitting samples getting approvals by the ATF prior to selling them…. If they didn’t every manufacture it sold a pistol with a brace illegally sold Sbr’s … every FFL that transfered them to civilians illegally transfered sbr’s….

Again pretty simple ATF cannot circumvent the law they, cannot write law, they cannot change law

Pertaining to your question the Supreme Court has been ruling unanimously on the side of pro 2a gun rights all across the United States… from conceal carry,bumpstocks, ar reset triggers, high-capacity magazines, red flag laws, defund the police ect….

Last edited:

UncleBiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Chalmette
    One thing that has me concerned is the current definition of "rifle".

If it can be proven that the brace redesigns the firearm into rifle to be fired from the shoulder, theres an issue.

(7)
    The term “rifle” means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of an explosive to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    “Intent” is next to impossible to prove without self admission of guilt…. No body knows for sure what I intend to do unless I tell them… there’s speculation and hear say… but that’s all

If you put a pistol to your sholder and shoot it did you redesign or redefine the gun to an sbr?

Or shoot a shotgun/rifle with one hand, did you make to a pistol instantly…

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom