New Trijicon Rmr HD and enclosed-emitter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Holster compatibility will be an issue. soon there will be 30mm pistol dots on 2.0 risers. Lol
    If your holster is already cut for an optic the it should be fine. When I had an Acro on my vp9 it fit fine in the holster buy the rmr HD does look installed pretty high and forward.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Correct will not fit some hood holsters, like this one, but the reviews said it was taller from top of mount to bottom of mount about 1/4” more than Rmr and has a higher glass than the dpp :dunno:

IMG_4109.jpeg
    IMG_4021.jpeg

Leafbloer

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2022
    Slidell
    I mean I get it they are new cool. Trijicon great company. But other than the screw for one of them it's nothing new or innovative. I'll stick with Holosun still for the price to reliability. Still waiting on a 1x prism optic for a handgun.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Right, they are trying to play catch up to holosun and behind the 8 ball… nothing they did is ground breaking… they are kinda like Glock… don’t get me wrong I’m a Glock fan boy, but they don’t change nothing for years while the competition upgrades and they stand still stuck on a 10 year old patent and do not listen to the cry’s of the customer to change things till the competition does and it’s a little to late

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Bigchillin that's a very nice setup. I did notice your finger was on the trigger. Lol I just picked up a SCS for the VP. Hope to get it to the range soon.
    Keyboard commando, internet safety check nazi’s lol , guess I should have posted a pic first of me safety checking it :dogkeke: , lol just joking buddy, you know how some of them YouTube nazi’s get if somebody shows a gun and doesn’t do a live safety check on the video, lol pic was actually for a buddy wanting to see what a grip reduction and short trigger looked like for trigger reach lol

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I'm waiting for GBRS to make a Hydra mount for the RMR cut. ;) so when running nods it's easier to get a sight picture. Where will it stop? Then in a few years everyone will be back to lower 1/3. Lol A rail mounted camera with Bluetooth connection to glasses with thermal and NV. Take my wallet!

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    I saw a comparing pic of all the optics on reddit the other day.. This one is not terribly bigger, just the space is so restricted anyway..
    I guess I need to get into the RD game for pistol.. before I have to say I am an old fudd.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I mean I get it they are new cool. Trijicon great company. But other than the screw for one of them it's nothing new or innovative. I'll stick with Holosun still for the price to reliability. Still waiting on a 1x prism optic for a handgun.
    I like Holosun's but this is everything they are but made in America.

I love prisms but how could one ever work for a handgun. 5" eye relief would break records but that's way too short to shoot a handgun.

Leafbloer

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2022
    Slidell
    I like Holosun's but this is everything they are but made in America.

I love prisms but how could one ever work for a handgun. 5" eye relief would break records but that's way too short to shoot a handgun.

Innovation, improvements and designs justify my purchase. The hell does it matter what country it's from America has taken designs and ideas from all over the globe and we should lots of intelligent individuals in the world outside USA. I will buy from whatever country has a product that does something better than the next. I have prisms that have unlimited eye relief not sure what your getting at with that or if you have any real world context or experience. Not looking for magnification on a handgun but a 1x etched reticle with fiber illumination under 3oz would be ideal please elaborate.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Innovation, improvements and designs justify my purchase. The hell does it matter what country it's from America has taken designs and ideas from all over the globe and we should lots of intelligent individuals in the world outside USA. I will buy from whatever country has a product that does something better than the next. I have prisms that have unlimited eye relief not sure what your getting at with that or if you have any real world context or experience. Not looking for magnification on a handgun but a 1x etched reticle with fiber illumination under 3oz would be ideal please elaborate.
    Where it's made matters because it affects the quality and the price. Optics made in the US are generally made better than anything in Asia (Japan and Philippines included) and better than anything everywhere except the European stuff. Even when China tries to reverse engineer Trijicon's stuff, it never turns out well. They hold build process and types of adhesives etc. pretty close to the chest.

Holosun makes great products. Think of it like a Holosun but more durable or rugged.

Again, I'm a big prism fan (see my other posts). You could mount a prism and shoot with it, but I personally do not shoot a pistol that close to my eyes. Could do a handgun scope, but those are kind of made to do just one careful shot like hunting.

I would love to check out a prism with unlimited eye relief to try it. Never heard of that before. Which ones do you have?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Torture starts around 14:20…. Surprisingly the s&w beat out the Glock lol , but I have to defend the Glock cause I’m a fan boy, it was more of a race gun Glock fine tuned with slide cuts ect … lol ,not a factory or duty Glock

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom