NFA Engraving near Belle Chasse

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kennyboyusmc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2022
    Belle Chasse
    I’ve got an AP5P and a Ruger Charger .22 that I need to have engraved in preparation for turning them into SBRs.

Does anyone know who does NFA engraving in or near Belle Chasse? I’m hoping to find someone within 45mins of Belle Chasse.

If you have any recommendations or if you do it yourself, please let me know. Also, if you know it, please let me know the price.

Thanks!

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Happy to help. I do a ton of SBR engraving. My laser can do the proper size and depth for ATF NFA requirements.
    Takes about 15-20 per receiver. I can knock them out while you wait with an appointment.

UncleBiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Chalmette
    You can get laser engraving done at Neutral Ground Gun Company in Arabi. I plan on doing my next lower there. Price is good. I heard from others the work is good.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    Have heard nothing but good things about Advanced Laser in Covington. Have personally used Sam at Neutral Ground Gun Company for 2 SBR's and am more than pleased with the results. Either is a great choice.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    Attached are examples of engravings by Mike at Westbank and Sam at Neutral Ground Gun Company. The CZ and the pic with the no walk pins is by Westbank. The FN PS90 and other AR lower was done by Sam. Have not had the pleasure of working with Advanced Laser yet, but have seen his work and it is top notch as well.

Attachments

• CZScorpion.jpg
      CZScorpion.jpg
      753.6 KB · Views: 76
    • Aero300.jpg
      Aero300.jpg
      571.3 KB · Views: 72
    • FNPS90.jpg
      FNPS90.jpg
      720.8 KB · Views: 66
    • Aero556.jpg
      Aero556.jpg
      510.2 KB · Views: 71

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Just remember that the engraving has to be .003 deep.

Not saying all the above pics are or are not, but make sure that the engraving meets the depth requirement. The last thing any of us need is the ATF challenging the marking requirements and trying for an unregistered NFA prosecution.

I have heard from others who have been to Mike that he uses a pantograph rotating scratch type engraver. I am not sure how they measure depth with that device, but its a much older method of engraving metals. Brings me back to Things Remembered in Lakeside Mall.

I also heard and have seen some of Sam's work and he has a fiber laser (prob 30W) which is very capable of hitting the depth and size requirements. His work on Insta looks really nice.

Pic below is .003 with different size fonts, I use for references and to show customers. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Depthexamp.JPG
      Depthexamp.JPG
      664.4 KB · Views: 69

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom