Not sure where to post

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    Im currious why I keep getting a "hold" on firearm purchases. Ive got it narrowed down to 3 things, and am currious which one it is, then have another question about #3.

1. I haven't updated the address on my liscense, but use the address on my liscense for the check

2. In march I received a DUI but its gonna get 894 after my 1 yr probation is over

3. Im on probation for a DUI

Next question. I was told after I bought my 2nd SX3 and got a delay, that when someone is on probation they couldnt buy a pistol?? I dont believe this, but figured I could get the truth here

hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    Do you mean Delay or Declined? Are you having to wait or are they denying you the firearm?

Sorry for the confusion. Delay. I got a delay on the SX3, but was able to get it 3 days later (5 actually, cause they dont count the day you appyl, and its the day after the 3rd after that or something)

LouisianaCarry

Tactibilly
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 14, 2007
    Keithville
    If you are being delayed but getting approved, and you want to know just what is actually on your sheet- you fall into the "request your rap sheet" category.

After that or independent of that- you then will fall into one of two categories, either the "get erroneous information contested/removed" category, or the "screw it, I'll just get a UPIN" category.

hot shot

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville La
    If you are being delayed but getting approved, and you want to know just what is actually on your sheet- you fall into the "request your rap sheet" category.

After that or independent of that- you then will fall into one of two categories, either the "get erroneous information contested/removed" category, or the "screw it, I'll just get a UPIN" category.

Dammit, now I gotta figure out what a UPIN is!!!!!

This purchase (nor are most of mine) any big deal, just the hassle of an extra trip. I used to get delays quite regularly, then I didnt, now the last two have gotten delays. I think tomorrow I may just let the girls mom be Santa LOL

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I plead guilty to a DUI in july 96 under article 894 and I still get delayed.

I called the FBI to ask why I get delayed and she simply asked me if I had ever been fingerprinted by a Law Enforcement Agency that is why.

If you figure out a way to straighten this out please let me know. Or find instructions that are in laymen terms. I have extra sets of fingerprints already to go.

thanks

ajt2341

Rock out w/ ur glock out!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Lafayette, LA
    Do you put your SSN on the form? Heard of a good many people, including the old police chief getting delayed because someone else had a name similar to theirs.

Keller

Walmitfahrer #478
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    Baton Rouge/Covington
    My application was also delayed 5 days. I strike it up to a PENDING dui case. No conviction has been made, but I was arrested and booked... so I'm thinking just the fact that our prints are on file threw up a red flag.

Top Bottom