Officer Involved Defensive Shooting.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    You can still comply and work it out on the back end.
    Most of the time. As we’ve seen in the past that’s not always the case. Especially if you consider a no knock warrant. Idk about you but if I hear my alarm going off in the middle of the night and wake up to guys rushing into my house and not announcing the are law enforcement I don’t think that would be a very good situation for anyone involved. It may be a tad different for criminals who are watching out and expecting knocks from Leo but for your average every day citizen who isn’t a criminal they are likely thinking home invasion.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Let’s all be honest here. At this point this conversation isn’t even really worth being had. You have your group of guys who think Leo can do no wrong and are always in the right. Then you have the group who is the exact opposite. Then of course you have the group I fall in who sees the situation for what it is. I realize of you cooperate and do everything that was mentioned above by others that you will almost always have a good experience. Key word was almost and unfortunately we see bad cops coming to light more and more often. Personally I think a lot of it is due to most agencies dropping the standards to become a cop. We have people in uniform today who never would have even been considered 10 years ago or so

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Most of the time. As we’ve seen in the past that’s not always the case. Especially if you consider a no knock warrant. Idk about you but if I hear my alarm going off in the middle of the night and wake up to guys rushing into my house and not announcing the are law enforcement I don’t think that would be a very good situation for anyone involved. It may be a tad different for criminals who are watching out and expecting knocks from Leo but for your average every day citizen who isn’t a criminal they are likely thinking home invasion.
    First, they DO have to announce they are LE, the knock or no knock is the deciding part. Cops don't WANT to get shot entering a house.

But honestly if you are legitimately concerned that the police will conduct a high risk, no knock, warrant service at your house, maybe you need to reevaluate you lifestyle choices. Just sayin.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    First, they DO have to announce they are LE, the knock or no knock is the deciding part. Cops don't WANT to get shot entering a house.

But honestly if you are legitimately concerned that the police will conduct a high risk, no knock, warrant service at your house, maybe you need to reevaluate you lifestyle choices. Just sayin.
    No I don’t need to re evaluate anything and that’s my whole point. Sure the average criminal may be looking over his shoulder expecting le to show up eventually. What about the people who it happens to by mistake? The people like most of us here who are not criminals and good citizens. Does it happen often? Not at all but it does happen.

Honestly I do not know the law in Louisiana so I couldn’t tell you if le has to announce themselves or not when conducting a warrant in Louisiana. Let’s not kid ourselves here though and act like just because they are cops they follow all rules and laws. Can’t say I wouldn’t want the element of surprise on my side myself if I was a cop in the process of extracting one of Louisianas finest scum bags.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom