One COOL Cop or STAGED??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    Either this is one COOL Cop or either this is STAGED AS ALL GET UP!!!! Jeremy just happened to be carrying a Police Issue S & W .40 cal. pistol, and the officer didn't know how to release the slide? What's up with that? What are your thoughts??

Last edited:

southlaems

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    Houma, LA
    I am leo and have limited knowledge of S&W semi autos. Even though some agencies may use them as police issued, i own glocks as well as 99% of my dept. If it were me in the video, chances are i would have to ask for guidance on the lock as well....... ???

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    Well, I am beginning to think that he is one COOL Cop!! This is what I found:

In the video the officer identifies himself as Officer Lyons, Oceanside Police Department, badge # 1093. A little Googling reveals that the officer is Officer Matthew J. Lyons, author of "Oceanside Police Department."

Per the following website (http://www.police-writers.com/matthew_lyons.html):

"Matthew J. Lyons, a corporal on the Oceanside Police Department (California) and former Marine is the author of Oceanside Police Department. According to the book description, “The Oceanside Police Department has provided a century of service to a community that has grown from a small seaside resort—doubling as a bedroom community for the U.S. Marine Corps’s nearby Camp Pendleton—into a city of more than 170,000 people. City marshals patrolled Oceanside from 1888 to 1906, and it is indicative of the city’s formative years that the first lawman, former Texas Ranger Charlie Wilson, was also the first to be killed in the line of duty.

"The photographs in this remarkable collection inventory the department’s past, covering the administrations of city marshal J. Keno Wilson (Charlie Wilson’s brother), Chiefs Charles Goss, Ward Ratcliff, and others. Showcased are images from the archives of the Oceanside Police Department and the collection of Delores Davis Sloan, the daughter of former captain Harold B. Davis, Oceanside’s top cop of the 1930s, 1940s, and 1950s.

"Matthew J. Lyons has donated the royalties from his book to the National Law Enforcement Officer Memorial Fund."

What a talented officer!! and truly ONE COOL COP!

biggin215

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Yeah... guys.... that is a Hi-Point. I could spot that big hunk of a slide from a mile away. I think he meant ".40 S&W" as the caliber... didn't specify model.

Plus, other than a Smith 1911... I can't think of another S&W where the safety prevents you from racking the slide. Ha-Pernts can't be racked with the safety on.

Last edited:

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    Yeah... guys.... that is a Hi-Point. I could spot that big hunk of a slide from a mile away. I think he meant ".40 S&W" as the caliber... didn't specify model.

Plus, other than a Smith 1911... I can't think of another S&W where the safety prevents you from racking the slide. Ha-Pernts can't be racked with the safety on.

You might be right. It does look like a boat anchor! lol

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    Definitely a HiPoint. It doesn't seem all that unreasonable that he wasn't sure how to release the slide. I'm sure for just about everyone there is a gun they may not how to operate 100% the first time. Cop handled it great. Seems like to me the guy was trying to get a rise out of the local PD for 'exercising his rights' and bumped into the wrong cop. He was pretty friendly despite the guy being a little uncooperative.

diat150

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 27, 2008
    opelousas
    Definitely a HiPoint. It doesn't seem all that unreasonable that he wasn't sure how to release the slide. I'm sure for just about everyone there is a gun they may not how to operate 100% the first time. Cop handled it great. Seems like to me the guy was trying to get a rise out of the local PD for 'exercising his rights' and bumped into the wrong cop. He was pretty friendly despite the guy being a little uncooperative.

I thought it was handled well by both sides. the cop was not rude and neither was the citizen. the citizen obeyed as much as he had to and didnt offer more than needed, which is how it should be. the cop was professional and didnt harrass the citizen or try and belittle him.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    That cop rocked. Real respect for law enforcement that don't stomp on your rights. Credit to his department!

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I wish every cop was like him, very respectful and he obviously know's the law. Majority of officers these day's would have arrested him for failure to comply or some other bs charge. I say majority probably not majority but there alot of them that would have its just those that would have arrested him are the one's that give the rest of them the typical a**hole stereotype.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    He felt bad for the guy for carrying such a pos pistol. It may be his right but he was being a d&*k and the cop was very cool. Wish they had more like him.

Top Bottom