Other people's animals.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    It's just a rant for now.
    I have animals/pets in my back yard. Our animals are in a cage with an exercise pen inside my fenced in backyard. I was awoken this morning by to loudly barking dogs with a deep bark not my neighbors little yapping dogs (who roam free and crap in my front yard and driveway but that's a separate issue). It's right at daybreak I pick up my pistol, holstered, and walk around my yard. There are three dogs, only one collared, were feverishly digging under my fence and barking at my animals. I yelled at them and got there attention and let them know I was there, then pulled out my phone and snapped a pic of the dogs, the hole, and my pen on the other side of the fence.
    I know leash laws are rarely enforced but this goes beyond animals just coming in my yard. The only way to get people attention these days is to begin by asking who is liable for the damages that could be caused. Damn shame.
    Now to find the owners and let them know of the issue and see if they make any effort to contain their animals.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    vblodnzfg4r17hj3w3.png

Ghost-1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Leesville
    I also hate when other people let their pets run loose with out leash and they are not around to get the pets or control them. I would think that who owns the pet that does the damage would be responsible for any damages that the pet causes to your property since it was there with out their or your knowledge and with out being invited.

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    My neighbor has 15+ cats that live in my trash can.

This. My neighbor has about 7-10 cats that she feeds. I have no problem with cat ladies in principle but damn it, if you want a dozen cats, you should be responsible for keeping them in your house. I shouldn't have to shoo them away from my front door, or out of my garbage can.

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    story of my life it seems. My neighbors just let their dogs bark all hours of they day/night, dig holes under the fence, and generallly be a pain. I cant go anywhere in my yard, without them barking at me, most of the time, they are sitting outside with them, listening to them bark.

I dont see how people can be such jerks when it comes to not pissing off your neighbors. Ive got two big dogs that live inside, they go outside to play, and go to the bathroom. I stop them from barking, or making any trouble, and i certainly dont just let them roam the neighborhood like a lot of my neighbors do.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    story of my life it seems. My neighbors just let their dogs bark all hours of they day/night, dig holes under the fence, and generallly be a pain. I cant go anywhere in my yard, without them barking at me, most of the time, they are sitting outside with them, listening to them bark.

I dont see how people can be such jerks when it comes to not pissing off your neighbors. Ive got two big dogs that live inside, they go outside to play, and go to the bathroom. I stop them from barking, or making any trouble, and i certainly dont just let them roam the neighborhood like a lot of my neighbors do.

I have found that a good soaking with a garden hose is effective at silencing barking. May have to do it several times, but they learn pretty quick.

Hattrick 22

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Kenner, Louisiana
    I use my dogtra collars for when mine are off leash it's amazing how well a little vibration and possible shock if needed can be very effective I know some people that should have them for their kids

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I certainly hope some of you aren't advocating harming your neighbor's pets.

Last edited:

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    A gun or poison can be tempting, but it is not the animal's fault they have crappy owners. Now, if a dog attacks...

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    It's absolutely on the owners.
    That's why I took pics first.
    As of right now the owners have no idea what their animals are up to, that's a big part of the problem. When I bring it to their attention, they need to correct the problem ASAP.

radney

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 17, 2010
    Mandeviille
    I have literally been told by a Sheriff that if at any time someone's animals come onto my property shoot them, don't even think about it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom