"PERMITLESS" Concealed Carry for Veterans Senate Bill 143 (Act 680)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DocBar

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2018
    Donldsonville,La
    Governor Edwards signed SB 143 by Senator Morris into law allowing "Permitless carry of concealed weapons for Veterans". The Law was signed on June 18 ,2022.It allows honorable discharged veterans to carry to carry a concealed weapon "without a permit".Applies to Louisiana residents only. If your La. drivers has "VETERAN" on it then you qualify. Yo have to bring your DD214 to have it put on your license. If you want to check out the article go on line and look up "Louisiana Senate Bill 143". I hope this clears up the issue. 82 year young Veteran. Thanks

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    That's why I didn't renew my permit. Paying for the same training over and over again doesn't appeal to me either.
    The renewal training class should be intermediate level training followed by advanced level.

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I have a lifetime permit and I just had to submit proof of training for it to remain valid.

My understanding is that the new law allows veterans to carry in Louisiana with nothing needed other than proof of veteran status. My logic for renewing my ccl is for out of state carry in those states that honor our permit.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I have a lifetime permit and I just had to submit proof of training for it to remain valid.

My understanding is that the new law allows veterans to carry in Louisiana with nothing needed other than proof of veteran status. My logic for renewing my ccl is for out of state carry in those states that honor our permit.
    All bordering states are constitutional carry as well as all of the south and more than half the nation now finally. Some state laws vary depending on state but most of them you only need to be legally allowed to own a firearm to carry a firearm concealed. Alabama is one that kind of surprised me. You can’t carry a hand gun in your vehicle without a permit unless it’s locked, unloaded, and not accessible. They’ve recently passed constitutional carry and I’m not sure what the current laws are. The main benefit I see to keeping a permit is bypassing the background check when buying.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom