Poplarville 3 Gun Facebook group

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ta2d_cop

#CornholioLivesMatter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 28, 2008
    Covington
    Everyone interested in 3 Gun in Poplarville please check this group out if you are on the Facebook. We are trying to get some ideas together for other types of matches and stage ideas and whatnot so please drop by and come catch a match. Your first trip out to shoot with us your match fee is waived. Details are in the group. Hope to see y’all out there.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I quit FB years ago, NEVER going back. That said I hope this can help the club gain a little traction and get some new shooters to come out.
    Poplarville puts on a great match, it can be challenging but that's what I love about Poplarville

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    I left Facebook a few yrs ago but I highly recommend the matches. Fun group and always welcoming to new shooters. FYI, we do shoots from 7yrds out to 400+ yards so it really can test you. Lol

Last edited:

buzzworm

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Picayune Ms.
    Thanks ta2d_cop for setting it up, looks good.

I don't post on FB, but have no problem using them to our benefit.

I know ammo is hard to get, supply wise and $$ wise. We are a fair drive for almost everyone, so we try to make the match worth the drive/expense. We have scaled down some, and scoring is still like He Man, paper is one A or C, or two anywhere. Steel still has to fall or scores as a miss. We OCCASIONALLY will sling the (unloaded/checked) rifle in order to keep the stage moving, and also to get used to it for folks going to other matches where it is part of the match. (Some of us have shot matches where you slung a rifle or shotgun on every stage of the match) We will also shoot one or two slugs, but not every match.

Hope this helps, but if anyone has questions, just contact one of us. You can also go to SMPSA for info.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom