Post From Vermillion Parish S. O.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    When I was a young man I thought the 5.0 was there to keep me down. I am fortunate enough to reach the age of 50 and my perspective has changed. In short I would kick my own younger self's ass...... repeatedly. Like with most of my fundamental beliefs I would like to think I have evolved.
    There are so many povs in this thread would take to long to address them all, all equally considered however.
    I don't like paying ticket but I don't like paying so much in taxes either.

In life, I try to plan for worst case scenario, where I now live, what I drive, what guns and ammo I have, just about everything.

I am positive that if it were my job to walk up on a auto mid-day or middle of the night, I would be ready for worst case and anything better than that is a great day. - so I guess this would make me a bad cop?

There are POS in every line of work. However, as a citizen we expect the benefit of the doubt and that breaking the law is a mistake....fair if indeed it is a mistake.

So I try to give any encounter with a LEO the same fair shake. If the LEO is not a good human , my being uncooperative is not going to help me in that moment at all.

As most things in this world it's not a black and white situation....it's all grey. I know I know but our rights are not grey, I get it. But anytime you put a actual human in the mix....it's all grey.
    I'm the same. I have nothing against LEOs. When a police officer sees me they certainly can't tell I'm the guy that wishes their jobs paid them much better.

RussnAttitude

always learning
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    UN
    I'm the same. I have nothing against LEOs. When a police officer sees me they certainly can't tell I'm the guy that wishes their jobs paid them much better.
    I agree as well. You wouldn't think it going by this thread, because I don't fit a narrative that a typical cop would expect from someone. But I do feel law enforcement doesn't get paid enough. Oddly enough, it's the primary reason I never went that route myself when I was discharged.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    RussnAttitude said:
    Serious question here... Do cops really expect people to have good attitudes when you are stopping them from going about their day for something minor more often than not, so you can cause them to give away money they probably don't have.
    Sainte70 said:
    So I guess the guy I arrested for a 2nd Degree Murder warrant the other day based off a "minor" violation is dumb in your opinion....
    RussnAttitude said:
    As far as the guy you arrested for second degreeurder. Good on you. Thanks for getting trash off the streets, as I'm sure that on some level, you had prior knowledge in that situation of what you might have been encountering and likely prepared yourself for it. So that sir, is a bad example
    thperez1972 said:
    You added more information to the example that was not originally included, information about which you would have no knowledge. You then dismissed the example as bad because of the information not originally included.
    Obvious cop. Spinning someone's words to work in your favor. I see it how I see it. You see it how you see it. Said and done.

He mentioned nothing about prior knowledge. You added that you were sure he had prior knowledge. You then used the prior knowledge to claim his example was a bad one. Where's the spin?

Sainte70

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    NOLA
    There was ZERO prior knowledge, there are no supercomputers, cameras on every corner, fancy neon lights in our "NCIS Office" with a goofy Goth Girl feeding us real time info on everyone we see and what they had for breakfast.

It was just good ol' fashioned police work in observing a "minor" traffic violation that resulted in me running a background check on the driver which in turn lead to me learning he had an active warrant for 2nd degree murder.

You would be shocked at how many stolen guns, hard drugs and other serious crimes we come across off the back of minor traffic violations.

A good example is that not all drunk drivers are out there driving stupidly. Some barely swerve out of their lane or slowly roll thru a stop sign. Both of those "minor" violations can lead to a life/lives saved, injuries prevented or even felony arrests if this is a subsequent drunk driving arrest for the driver.

It is a shame that you have had bad experiences with LEO's. Maybe, take time to honestly reflect on what lead up to those encounters.

Bolt Head

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2023
    Alexandria
    There was ZERO prior knowledge, there are no supercomputers, cameras on every corner, fancy neon lights in our "NCIS Office" with a goofy Goth Girl feeding us real time info on everyone we see and what they had for breakfast.

Now THAT'S FUNNY

InfamousSnivelingBobcat-max-1mb.gif

V.Taltos

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2023
    North Louisiana Swamps
    1f4a1.png
    Did you know that there are restrictions on "Carolina Squatted" vehicles? If the bottom of the front fender is six (6) inches or greater than the height of the bottom of the rear fender the vehicle is in violation. The vehicle may also be in violation of the laws pertaining to the height and direction of the front headlights as described in a previous segment.
    §381.1. Prohibited vehicle modifications; wheel well
    A. No person shall operate a motor vehicle upon any highway if, by alteration of the suspension, frame, or chassis, the height of the front fender is six or more inches greater than the height of the rear fender. For the purposes of this Subsection, the height of the fender shall be a vertical measurement from and perpendicular to the ground, through the centerline of the wheel, and to the bottom of the fender.
    B. The provisions of this Section shall only apply to vehicles with no payload and no trailer attached.
    Squatted vehicles present a unique road hazard for some of the following reasons;
    1) The headlight are often not adjusted for the modification, blinding oncoming drivers.
    2) The front bumper is no longer aligned with the roadway meaning the possibility of "drive over" of smaller vehicles.
    3) The driver of the squatted vehicle has a limited to obstructed view directly in front of the vehicle.
    4) The vehicle becomes unstable at certain speeds due to more air traveling under the vehicle than over the vehicle.
    Please remember that the Vermilion Parish Sheriff's Office does not create the laws the State Legislature does. This law went into effect on 8/1/2022.
    Please Drive Safely and be Courteous to other drivers.
    Someone needs to inform Sheriff Prator in Caddo about this because these goofy looking things are bouncing down roadways in Shreveport and, well, maybe that's because of the potholes. But they still look goofy!!

Top Bottom