Response in Classifieds.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Someone posts in the classifieds and you respond within 10 minutes and you wait 40 minutes without an answer is not good on their part.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Some people work and cannot have their phone with them. It never fails that i get messages/texts while my phone is in my office and im in the plant somewhere. Is what it is.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I’m confused as to what’s going on here? Are you mad because someone didn’t respond back to you within 40 minutes?

Not mad, but when you post in the classifieds you should be able to respond in a timely manner.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Some people work and cannot have their phone with them. It never fails that i get messages/texts while my phone is in my office and im in the plant somewhere. Is what it is.
    Exactly what I was getting at. If I’m posting at 7:50 every minute that doesn’t mean I don’t have to be at work for 8. I often make post or threads amd don’t have time to check them until lunch or after work. I would think just about everyone here is working/retired class folks.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Not mad, but when you post in the classifieds you should be able to respond in a timely manner.
    40 minutes though? I’d say responding by the end of the day would be in a timely manner but I know how my schedule can be. I’ve had one guy not ever respond back to me after posting the sale thing twice. It didn’t bother me obviously the guy didn’t want to sell it to me for one reason or another and I’m assuming it’s because I’m a newer member. I know some of the older members for whatever reason don’t feel new members are worthy of buying their stuff lol

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana

I totally agree! If you posted up something for sale, you should respond promptly to anyone who may be interested in purchasing it. If the poster can not respond in a reasonable time manner, then they should not be posting it up for sale.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I totally agree! If you posted up something for sale, you should respond promptly to anyone who may be interested in purchasing it. If the poster can not respond in a reasonable time manner, then they should not be posting it up for sale.
    I don’t see the logic here. So people who work just shouldn’t make any classified post ? If I post something in the morning and someone is that impatient that they can’t wait until noon or 4pm to respond I’d say it’s probably not someone I’d want to do business with anyway

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    You're complaining about 40 minutes? Entitled much?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Yea I don’t get it. I thought maybe I was missing something to the story. I can tel you right now if I’m posting some for trade then don’t expect me to respond right back. Selling is different I reply as soon as I can but if I offer something for trade I like to wait at least 24 hours to see what offers I may or may not get. If 40 minutes is upsetting folks man 24hrs must make their heads pop and ears start steaming lol

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    I don’t see the logic here. So people who work just shouldn’t make any classified post ? If I post something in the morning and someone is that impatient that they can’t wait until noon or 4pm to respond I’d say it’s probably not someone I’d want to do business with anyway

If I post something up for sale, I respond as soon as I can to be as reliable as I can. I have it for sale, they are interested in it, I owe it to those that may be interested in it. I have it for sale, they are interested in it, if I do not respond to their request, I may lose a sell. I want to sell it, they may want to buy it, and I am going to do my best to get my item sold! I take care of my potiential buyers as a responsible seller! If the seller can not respond in a timely manner to a possible buyer, then they should not be be listing it up for sale! Sleep late, lose weight!

whodat247

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 12, 2014
    Mandeville

What is reasonable time manner though for a weekday when most people work and can’t stare at their phones all day? I’d say within a day should be reasonable so I guess it’s just how you feel individually.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    If I post something up for sale, I respond as soon as I can to be as reliable as I can. I have it for sale, they are interested in it, I owe it to those that may be interested in it. I have it for sale, they are interested in it, if I do not respond to their request, I may lose a sell. I want to sell it, they may want to buy it, and I am going to do my best to get my item sold! I take care of my potiential buyers as a responsible seller! If the seller can not respond in a timely manner to a possible buyer, then they should not be be listing it up for sale! Sleep late, lose weight!

I also respond as soon as I can if I’m selling something and I guess my definition of a timely manner for an internet sale is different than yours.

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    Do you folks live in livingston. This is sounding earily simiar to the rants and raves page of face place. The only time i have ever been irritated by lack of a response is when it has been a day or more and the person shows online and still doesnt respond. Then i get it, but this is a private party sale where people arent doing this for a living. Id venture to guess most folks on here work or atleast have worked and will respond when able.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Oh dang. I guess I’m doing it wrong, but there’s just no way for me to be that attentive to an ad I’ve placed on a forum. I always check in within a 24 hour period, usually a few times a day when I’m selling something, but I’m a working man with a family of 5 and way way more to do than play on my phone every few minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom