S&W Disaster Ready Kit

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jjh

hello???
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 25, 2007
    Covington, La
    Got this for my wife today while I'm not to fond of the Sigma 9mm the kit I think was worth what I payed. I know it doesn't have everything we would need but to just have in the car as part of our supplies I think its a good start.

Sigma_Disaster_Kit.jpg

Each Smith & Wesson Disaster Kit contains a wide variety of items and tools along with the designated firearm, either a SW9VE or SW40VE polymer frame pistol, to aid individuals during the most trying times. Included in the kit is the same model selected by the U.S. Government for use by the Allied Forces, the 9mm and .40 S&W Sigma Series pistol.

The polymer-framed, double-action handgun is conveniently stored in a gray, waterproof Storm case along with numerous other components needed for disaster situations. The lockable kit is designed for self-storage at home or in a vehicle. Both handguns feature a 4-inch barrel with an overall length of 7.25 inches. The pistols are standard with a white dot front sight, fixed two-dot rear sight, stainless steel slide with Melonite finish and checkered polymer grips. The 9mm Model SW9VE is available with two 10+1 or 16+1 round magazines and the .40 caliber SW40VE offers two 10+1 or 14+1 round magazines.

Also found in the case is a crank radio/flashlight/cellphone charger combination, four MPI Mylar Space blankets, a .44 Mag multi-tool and case, water purification tablets plus emergency food for four people. In addition to these items, the Smith & Wesson Disaster Kit features a pocket survival kit complete with a sewing needle, thread and matches along with a Light and Fast Trail first aid kit. A 12” x 12” waterproof document bag has also been added for printed material and other personal certificates.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    You could always sell the pistol and mags and put in an XD, glock, or some other semi-disposable pistol. If you're going to keep the sigma run a few mags through it first to make sure it works ok.

jjh

hello???
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 25, 2007
    Covington, La
    yeah she has a multitude of pistols that will fill the cut out in the case so we were actually thinking of selling the sigma.

pmac81

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Gonzales
    Thats not a bad kit actually, I would more than likely replace the smith with a glock or springfield, though this one isnt a bad idea if you had every cut out full

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom