(UPDATED APRIL 2024) Sale of Braced AR Pistols on BayouShooter

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Sigh...here we go again. Which court has thrown the rule out? Not issued an injunction but thrown the rule out?
    I understand your stance thperez, but a “Permanent National Injunction” means that rule that they “Want” to make a law has been shut down. The Supreme Court doesn’t issue a Permanent National Injunction without absolute confirmation that this will never be a “Law”. You have to look at it in the eyes of the lawful citizens who don’t break laws when looking at an appointed group who can only make suggestions for what they want to be a law is completely unconstitutional. They are not a governing authority. They can’t make “Laws”. Congress has to approve and allow the agency to enforce any particular law. The 2nd Amendment protects all rights and freedoms of guns and any other agency trying to put rules on our rights are still not “Laws”. But as you have said many times that this is a “Privately Owned Website”, and this owner makes the “Rules” not “Laws”…. The AFT, fBi, CiA, and other agencies have no authority over anyone in this “Privately Owned Site” am I correct?
    We all have to look at this dumb situation and decide if we want to be sheep and just keep pissing our rights away just because politicians want to disrupt our God given rights!
    I respect everyone one this site and I hope we can all stay strong and bond together and fight oppression! I love using this site daily and I’m sure everyone else does too.
    So how do we join together and move past this insanity of what I can attach to my toys and take pictures of?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I understand your stance thperez, but a “Permanent National Injunction” means that rule that they “Want” to make a law has been shut down. The Supreme Court doesn’t issue a Permanent National Injunction without absolute confirmation that this will never be a “Law”.

So the supreme court issued the injunction?

You have to look at it in the eyes of the lawful citizens who don’t break laws when looking at an appointed group who can only make suggestions for what they want to be a law is completely unconstitutional. They are not a governing authority. They can’t make “Laws”. Congress has to approve and allow the agency to enforce any particular law. The 2nd Amendment protects all rights and freedoms of guns and any other agency trying to put rules on our rights are still not “Laws”.

Again, I agree.

But as you have said many times that this is a “Privately Owned Website”, and this owner makes the “Rules” not “Laws”…. The AFT, fBi, CiA, and other agencies have no authority over anyone in this “Privately Owned Site” am I correct?

That is correct. The owner is free to decide what is listed and what isn't listed.

We all have to look at this dumb situation and decide if we want to be sheep and just keep pissing our rights away just because politicians want to disrupt our God given rights!
    I respect everyone one this site and I hope we can all stay strong and bond together and fight oppression! I love using this site daily and I’m sure everyone else does too.
    So how do we join together and move past this insanity of what I can attach to my toys and take pictures of?

Nobody has said anything about what you can attach to your toys. Nobody has said anything about what you can take pictures of. The only thing being said is you are not allowed to post ads for braced pistols on the site owner's website. The owner has a list of rules. Should you be allower to break all of the rules with impunity just because you don't like the rules? What do you believe gives you the right to tell someone else what sort of behavior you are allowed to exhibit in their private area?

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    So the supreme court issued the injunction?

Again, I agree.

That is correct. The owner is free to decide what is listed and what isn't listed.

Nobody has said anything about what you can attach to your toys. Nobody has said anything about what you can take pictures of. The only thing being said is you are not allowed to post ads for braced pistols on the site owner's website. The owner has a list of rules. Should you be allower to break all of the rules with impunity just because you don't like the rules? What do you believe gives you the right to tell someone else what sort of behavior you are allowed to exhibit in their private area?
    Ah exactly! Private area…. :dunno::biglaugh::naughty:

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    What do you believe gives you the right to tell someone else what sort of behavior you are allowed to exhibit in their private area?

LMAO -- Quote of the Year ↑ on BS.

private parts.jpg

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Puritanize in an admin here and I guarantee you he has spent hundreds of hours collectively updating, patching, backing up, and repairing the software to make this forum function and operate as it should. The mods here are volunteers (no pay) investing their time in day to day operations and overseeing everyone plays nice together, and has a pleasurable experience overall. In the end, BS forum is a business funded by paid memberships/sponsorships, is not fed tax dollar subsidized, nor a charity organization.
    Yeah, what he said.

Also, to be fair - this was no Perez's decision, it was mine. No need to point fingers at him. He's just the messenger in this case.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Yeah, what he said.

Also, to be fair - this was no Perez's decision, it was mine. No need to point fingers at him. He's just the messenger in this case.
    Wait a minute so this isn’t coming from the owner of the site it’s just you enforcing the rule? Did I read that correctly?

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Wait a minute so this isn’t coming from the owner of the site it’s just you enforcing the rule? Did I read that correctly?
    We have two admins: Purtanize and myself. We generally don't make any decisions for the forum without consulting each other. In this case, he is aware of the decision to not flip-flop the rule.

Most of the time, we allow all of the mods to chime in as well, which we did in this case.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Should you be allower to break all of the rules with impunity just because you don't like the rules? What do you believe gives you the right to tell someone else what sort of behavior you are allowed to exhibit in their private area?
    LOL again.....10 days later. Dats a wall hanger right dere.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Arm brace near the private area? Would that not be usually called a thigh?

And if the contents of the "private area" in question happen to be 16" or longer it would certainly require a braced arm to manipulate it, unless the user has unusually strong wrists.

I feel like the feds final rule is not taking into account how many of us identify as being in the 16" plus category and thus requiring an arm brace of some sort. Having to submit pics of my "weapon" (was not originally manufactured with a stock and can be measured to over 26" if you go around the side with the measuring tape) and waiting for an ok before I can do any "bracing" seems to be quite the infringement.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Per @thperez1972's request, we will re-allow braced AR's to be sold on the site.

April 2024 Update:
    ***Please read the entire notice to help avoid any confusion.***

Due to the current status of the pistol brace rule and with the belief the status will not change soon, the site has decided to allow braced pistols to be listed again. There are a couple of caveats:
    -Any past warnings for pistol braces will stand as they were violations at the time they were issued.
    -Any current listings should be edited or bumped to include the brace if desired. Duplicate ads should not be posted for the purpose of including a brace with the pistol. If you are unable to edit the original ad, report the ad and wait for guidance before reposting the item in a duplicate ad.

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    :dogkeke: :dunno: :doh: :deadhorse: :owned::beer:

I would like to thank my fellow moderators for allowing me to be free again!!! We couldn’t have a free world without some oppression, but our pistol brace flag can fly again!!! I shall declare this day as “Freedom Pistol Brace Day”!!!! I would like to award myself with the Congressional Medal of Gun Ads Deletion award! I have received over 5 deletion awards! Ok boys, it’s up to you to carry on my tradition! Who can get more deletions than me?

P.S. mods please don’t take offense to this post…. It’s just a joke…

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom