Scope for 10/22

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Evil Zim

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    I have an unfired 10/22 I inherited from my late Brother. I’ve been thinking of getting a scope for it and taking it to the range. What would folks recommend? Just for target use and don’t want to spend a ton. Suggestions appreciated.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I put a cheap red dot that I found on Amazon on it and it's worked wonders.

Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    A lot would depend on what you are using the rifle for. Most 22's are in the woods and distances are 25-50 yards where a traditional 2-7x scope is useful. If going for targets then more powerful scopes might be desired. I can only talk about my own choices which are primarily for grandkids and 4H competition. Top to bottom:

-Lyman Permacenter fixed 6x, $101 on eBay.
    -Bushnell AR/22 2-7x with externally adjustable (target) turrets and side parallax, $115 from internet.
    -Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x with externally adjustable (target) turrets and side parallax, $299 from Expert Voice.
    -Bushnell TRS-25 Clone Red Dot, $45 from eBay.
    -Tasco 6-24x with externally adjustable (target) turrets and front parallax, $40 from eBay.
    IMG_2085.jpg
    IMG_2512.jpg

Last edited:

sksshooter

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Walker, LA
    ON my marlin i have a basic 3-9x40 bushnell think they rin $50 or so new. Couple 10-22's setup with bull barrels as well one has a mueller apv 4-14x40 that ive been very pleased with. Think they run $140ish or did havent looked recently. Also have an old simmons blazer 3-9x50 on one that the kids shoot and it does pretty well also. The bushnells normally come on some of your package rifles like the sacage and older remington budget rifles. They dont hold up well if you intend to use it on larger rifle rounds but the one on my marlin has done fine.

OeauxMy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2024
    New Iberia, La
    I have this scope on one of my rimfire rifles and can recommend.
    Have this scope as well on my cz. Great scope. Went in for a vortex, but when I tried the freedom, it was over.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom