Sgt. Maj. Plumley- as played by Sam Elliott (strong language)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Here's the real man, himself- he is still with us!
    200px-CSM%28R%29_Basil_L._Plumley_at_West_Point_10_May_2010.JPG

From every account, Sam Elliott's potrayal wasn't that far off of the truth. The Sgt. Major had truly "been there- done that". We all love "The Gunny", R. Lee Ermey in Full Metal Jacket- that goes without saying. Elliott's role as Army Sgt. Major Basil L. Plumley is also one of my all-time favorites, as well. He played the role to the max. Some of the greatest lines in the history of war films, IMHO....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pa6NWa7ZSs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pa6NWa7ZSs[/ame]

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    We were Soldiers is one of my dedicated iPod/iPhone movies. I swap a few out as necessary but that one stays. He provided an excellent amount of comic relief in a very moving film.

I think it's also a very special movie. As far as I know, and by listening to the "making of" feature, based on everyone's interviews it was very accurate. That was the very first movie I came across as having that much approval from those who are still living. It was their story.

I have the book and I've read parts of it, the full title is "We Were Soldiers Once, and Young"

Last edited:

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I can't think of anyone who would have played that role better than Sam Elliott. You just can't help but like that guy's work....

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Sam Elliott played the old mastiff in Marmaduke. I think that was the only real laugh I got out of the whole movie. Cute overall, but nothing worth the price of a movie ticket.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom