Shotgun question

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I recently bought this
    227387.jpg

and it doesnt fit this
    Shotgun.jpg

If I was to buy this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230300633419
    Would I be good to go?
    I am trying to be able to use my current berg to hunt ducks, rabbits etc... with
    http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7002

Thanks, i know I should just buy another shotty but at this point I have a$100 barrel doing me no good.

Last edited:

Oreo

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Red Stick
    If it fit your gun yes but here's the deal. To legally bird hunt with a shot gun the gun can hold no more than 3 shells. Most guns can hold 5 from manufacturer. 1 in chamber 4 in tube. Yours has what look like an extended tube.

To limit this a "PLUG" is installed. A plug can be made of anything and Doll-Rod works really well. Cut a piece of Doll-Rod the proper length, seal it with sealer or paint, and install it in the tube inside the tube spring. Remember the MAX shells you want to fit in the tube is 2. The only limiting factor as to the plug is as follows...

Plugs used in shotguns must be incapable of being removed with out disassembly.

Page 20 WLF Hunting Reg Pamphlet

What does this mean? Use a Doll diameter that is larger than the tube spring end cap hole. In the past some hunters would use pencil sized rods that could be dropped in quickly by removing the end cap and dropping it through the spring cap hole placing the end cap back on. After being checked the end cap could be removed and by shaking the gun the plug would again pass through the spring cap hole.

By using a doll-rod diameter greater than that of the spring cap hole it prevent you from being able to remove it with out having to dissemble. 100% legal and cost about $3.00 and you can have it today.

Last edited:

Oreo

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    Red Stick
    Yes it should...

Here is a great DIAGRAM of your gun and parts including the tubes available...

Also I found THIS which confirms to a point that removing the tube will be a bit of a task.

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    If it fit your gun yes but here's the deal. To legally bird hunt with a shot gun the gun can hold no more than 3 shells. Most guns can hold 5 from manufacturer. 1 in chamber 4 in tube. Yours has what look like an extended tube.

To limit this a "PLUG" is installed. A plug can be made of anything and Doll-Rod works really well. Cut a piece of Doll-Rod the proper length, seal it with sealer or paint, and install it in the tube inside the tube spring. Remember the MAX shells you want to fit in the tube is 2. The only limiting factor as to the plug is as follows...

Page 20 WLF Hunting Reg Pamphlet

What does this mean? Use a Doll diameter that is larger than the tube spring end cap hole. In the past some hunters would use pencil sized rods that could be dropped in quickly by removing the end cap and dropping it through the spring cap hole placing the end cap back on. After being checked the end cap could be removed and by shaking the gun the plug would again pass through the spring cap hole.

By using a doll-rod diameter greater than that of the spring cap hole it prevent you from being able to remove it with out having to dissemble. 100% legal and cost about $3.00 and you can have it today.[/QUOTE

Removing the end cap is disassembling the gun. You can use whatever diameter dowel rod you like. FWIW, Changing out he magazine tubes is a PIA. It is easy to crush the one you are trying to remove.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom