Sighting in M4 @ Precision Baton Rouge

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I recently went to sight in my new M4 at the Ascension Parish Sheriff's range and unfortunately it was right before hunting season. :mad: Anyways, they keep a hot line in the time before hunting season so I had to sight in at 100 yards because I couldnt move my target. I was able to get maybe a 6" group at 100 yards but I want to sight the rifle in properly. I believe the M4 is supposed to be sighted in at 25 meters (82 feet). I have a few of the targets the military uses to sight in M4's and they are supposed to be @ 25M. My question is how can I sight in my rifle at Precision Indoor range if the range isn't long enough? I have been on their pistol range and I'm not sure if their rifle range is long enough. I would assume that they have some special targets with calculations on them about where the bullet should fall @ 300M ( So I can properly use my 6/3 knob). I'm trying to avoid wasting time and money going to a range where I can't get my sights aligned so my shots are "on the money" Can anyone tell me if they have any experience sighting in AR's/M4/s at Precision?

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    For the same cost in gas you could go to the Sherburn WMA range and sight in your rifle at their pistol/rifle range for free, at 0-100 yards all day, come and go as you want, use what targets you want, shoot how you want...etc.

-not a fan of a Precision owner, so I am biased against going there, though some of the employees are great people.

Not what you asked for, but my .02 cents anyway. :) Good luck!

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    they have some benches/platforms...

SHERBURNE SHOOTING RANGE - Operated by La. Dept. of Wildlife & Fisheries.
    3 miles South of U.S. 190 on La. 975.
    Lottie, LA .

Shooting Accommodations - Rifle Range: 25, 50, & 100 yards
    Handgun Range: 25, & 50 yards
    Shotgun Range: Two skeet fields
    Archery Range: Field Targets

Hours of Operation - Everyday from Sunup to Sundown.

Range Fees - Free of charge bring your own clay targets.

Contact Information - 337-566-2251

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Yep, its free of charge, But you are supposed to either have 1) a current Louisiana hunting/fishing liscense or 2) a $5.50 Louisiana "wild" stamp for any activities on a Management area.

Ike

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2008
    Covington
    Thats the same way the honey island range is. Since it is inside the WMA some type of w&f license is required. I've heard of w&f officers sitting in the range parking lot giving tickets to those without one. Honey Island is $6 to shoot though.

I think I'm going to go to the sherburne range soon.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I've heard of w&f officers sitting in the range parking lot giving tickets to those without one. Honey Island is $6 to shoot though.

I think I'm going to go to the sherburne range soon.

DO you know how much the tickets are?:o

Candyman

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 15, 2008
    Denham Springs
    swagge1
    If you are anyone els needs one of the M16A2 BZO 25 meter sight in targets, I have coppies.
    If you are close to down town Baton Rouge and not scared of the Police :D you can stop by my office and I'll give you some.

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks Candyman. I have a few of those 25 meter sights, but I decided to go with the 200M Improved Battlesight. Thanks for the offer though!!

-Scott

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SSWEEEE
    Top Bottom